Forums

Help › Forums

New and have some questions

Fri, Mar 25 2022 10:28 AM (43 replies)
  • LincMark8
    9 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2020 3:15 PM

I'm still new to WGT, I've done a lot of reading but every time I think I find what clubs I want to look into, I go look for them nd they aren't available in the pro shop. I'm at level 62 and can anyone give me advice on what clubs I should consider. I'm looking at everything from driver to putter.

Thanks

• rjs1969
    196 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 11:35 AM

umm...i'd go with High Trajectory" Wedges & Irons.  

A putter with a 10 foot scale (or 15')

the L59 PING Set is worth a look.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 11:53 AM

This might help if you haven't seen it yet. 

Pro Shop tables by Scott Hope. 

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=B2A3FAA936899928!4552&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!AMgqBmlRjRtlKuw

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 12:56 PM

rjs1969:
    the L59 PING Set is worth a look.

Yes, a great choice. Add 3 matched wedges including a 64W and you'll be good all the way to the Legend tier. The Tour-SD ball is a great addition-won't break the bank and gives you enough  spin and distance boost to elevate your game immediately.  

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 6:08 AM

There are many decisions that you have to make when choosing new clubs. One factor is how fast you level up.

Today you are at level 64. You need 4700 experience points to move to level 65 an then 4800 to move to 66.  Since you currently play multiple rounds every day and have not missed a day since early December you would appear to be making 1200 plus points per day. This means you go to the next level in 5 days.

You should be able to keep this 5 day pace until you get to level 75.  So in two months time the clubs available to you change dramatically. At level 76 the Titleist Vokey SM7 56* wedge becomes available. Two levels later the 60*  becomes available. Then in 2 more levels the 64*.These are wedges you will never have to replace.

Don't let the replacement bug bite you to hard since you have only been playing about a month.This is a marathon. For a look forward might I suggest a chart of experience points vs. level.

Reference Table: Level - X

Page 12.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 7:27 AM

+1 on the advice earlier in this thread about the Ping Level 59 irons and the 3 matched wedges (56, 60, and 64 degree). 

If you get the Level 59 ping irons, then you won't need to consider upgrading those irons until you get to Level 85. For the wedges, the Titleist Vokey (around Level 30) are very good.

At least, I thought they were very good (at that time, they were Cleveland branded). I had them and didn't upgrade them until I got to Level 78-80. If you want to save some credits, then get the TaylorMade wedges at Levels 38/39. 

I wouldn't worry about a putter until you get to Level 70. The putter there is excellent. Easily, it could be the only putter you ever need to buy. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 9:00 AM

HackWilson1930:
    For a look forward might I suggest a chart of experience points vs. level.
    Better take this link.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 12:35 PM

Alosso: absolutely an easier to read chart that I had seen earlier yet couldn't find. Thanks.

• LincMark8
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 3:44 PM

Thank you everyone that responded. Sorry for slow response, I usually stay on top of any post I make and kinda dropped the ball on this one. I didn't see a way to respond other than using the reply to a post, so I went to the last post and hit reply.

I was able to try the L59 Ping 1500 and loved them. I also used the Callaway Great Big Bertha Epic Driver (L60+) along with Cleveland CG16 52-54-64 Wedge's and the MAX Control Putter, loved them all. I played with the Titleist TS2 Fairway Wood and it was ok. I also used two other putters, the PING Sigma 2 Putter and WGT Tour Starter Zebra Putter. As far as putters, I think I could use any of them but I think the Max was probably the easiest for me. I tried a couple other iron sets but the pings were really comfortable.

The only issues were the dead spots between the PW and the other wedges. If I recall it was like 110 for the PW and then 90 for my next wedge. I added the 60 cleveland but I think I went back to the 64 because it left me in between yardage something like 100 yrds to the next wedge was 80, I think. I decided the 100 yard wedge was the best option as it was easier to just go down 10 yard increments until the 80 yard wedge.

Also it seemed like I was in between clubs from the driver to 3 wood to 3 Iron. With only playing a few rounds it was like there was some gaps between those 3 clubs.

I'm so happy I found this place, my health is not good so I spend a lot of time on my computer and just being able to get the views of actual golf courses and allowing me to mentally feel like I'm getting to play some golf. Before I got sick I used to play a lot of golf, I had a set of Ping eye 2+ beryllium that I had 2 hole in ones with, both using the 5 Iron.

Thank you for the input, I really appreciate it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 5:43 AM

LincMark8:
    The only issues were the dead spots between the PW and the other wedges.

On your wedges, go to the 64-60-56 degree plan. A 20 yard gap in the wedges fills easily by using the punch shot with them. Punching that PW also reduces the gap to your 100w.

LincMark8:
    Also it seemed like I was in between clubs from the driver to 3 wood to 3 Iron. With only playing a few rounds it was like there was some gaps between those 3 clubs

Believe it or not, your 3W is pretty much a useless club until you get to the back tees. Consider replacing it with a 4th wedge until you get to Legend.   :-)

*edit-After looking at what you're eligible to get I see you don't have the choices to fit what I laid out. The Titleist wedges actually fit you better if you go with 4. You'd have 15 yard gaps--60,75,90,105 up to your 115 yd PW.

Also pay attention to your meter speeds and try to get them all the same, it helps with swing consistency.

RSS