Forums

Help › Forums

**Update 1/10**

Mon, Oct 26 2020 3:25 AM (37 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 2:44 PM

PaulBurtner:

Posted this in the Mac thread, but have not gotten a response...what is necessary to get the Mac version to download...

The link provided takes me to a link that appears to be for downloading to iPhone/iPad.

Would like to give it a look, but kind of hard when the download information doesn't appear to be reliable.

What browser are you using on your Mac? If you switch to Safari do you have the same issue? 

_CHAMPION 

• JDGHOST
    6,776 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 6:00 PM

WGTChampion:

Hi everyone. There's a new update for WGT Desktop Early Access today!

Match Play is here!

The update today adds the Match Play game mode. Currently it only has Scored and Practice settings with Challenge mode coming at a later date (we're hoping before the end of the month).

There are a couple known issues:

• Accepting a Match Play invite from Equipment Editing or Apparel Editing screens can cause the header from those screens to remain while in-game. This can be cleared by using the options in-game that use their own headers and then backing out (options, profiles, etc.) 
    • Playing against a Flash user only works if the host player is on Flash. If a Desktop Host player invites a flash player they will receive the "cross platform" error. 
    • When accepting a Match Play invite within the PC Early Access client, logout of the Flash/Website or you may be auto declined or removed from the lobby with an error message.
    • Currently apparel bonuses still work in Match Play, however the on-screen indicators of the bonuses do not show. Ex. If you have extra driver distance your meter will only show the distance of the club before apparel bonuses. This is due to both server and client needing an update to fully remove apparel bonuses from the mode. So with our next downtime (scheduled for Tuesday night) this issue will be fixed 
    • Unrelated to Match Play mode: Coin Game tiebreaker scores are overlapping the right-side photo on the winner splash screen. 

One last note about apparel bonuses in match play. While we are removing them completely at this time, we will be adding a toggle in a future update to allow the host player to decide whether apparel bonuses are allowed or not. If the host is a Flash player apparel bonuses will be set to "off".

Enjoy!

_CHAMPION

What about skins? Any news on that?

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 9:02 AM

JDGHOST:

What about skins? Any news on that?

It's coming. 

You'll be getting 4 player stroke play and Alt Shot first though. Or at least that's the current plan.

_CHAMPION 

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 9:32 AM

Good  news Champ, Alt shot is crucial. 

Bjorn

• dfitzmahan
    38 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 7:00 PM

Hi.  Enjoying EA.  Would enjoy it more if I could create or join Match play.  When creating a Match I am able to see players join my Match, but I cannot Tee Off.  When trying to join a Match, I get sent "back to the Lobby."  Any tips?  I am using. MacBook with Catalina.

Cheers, all.

• club578
    561 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 7:52 AM

hi i am on pcea on a chromebook laptop having trouble with the aiming box on approach shots to determine wind with the clock method old box 7/8 across pcea box 3/4 across have a chart for wind for old box how much to move it but its not working what to do?

• Timeslayer
    15 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 6:13 PM

Might as well just go fishing.The new formats all suck!

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2020 3:25 AM

club578:

hi i am on pcea on a chromebook laptop having trouble with the aiming box on approach shots to determine wind with the clock method old box 7/8 across pcea box 3/4 across have a chart for wind for old box how much to move it but its not working what to do?

First for years I have used Kats wind calculator to calculate my shot for both distance and how far from the pin to move the aimer. Secondly I have always used the pitch shot grid to line up my shot. Playing as each grid being 2 feet makes it fairly easy to line up the shot. 

So with those 2 things in mind first click on the camera Icon in the bottom left corner, That brings up at least 2 circles with a number inside. Click on the number corresponding to the number over the pin, Then you can us the pitch option to line up your shot. On shots that you only need to move the aimer a few feet select putt then cycle through the views until you get the close up reverse view. Then chose pitch and line up your shot. 

The actual size of the grid doesn't affect how you line up the shot. 

RSS