17 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 3:34 AM

Is this true?

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 4:18 AM

JimmyLynch:

Is this true?

Care to elaborate, unless you mean WGT bought by Topgolf!

But the fact you’ve been here since 2011 and didn’t know, where have you been hiding, I mean you posted on the forum, have you not read or seen ‘Topgolf’ mentioned at all

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 4:35 AM

WGT was purchased some time ago by Topgolf Entertainment Group. One of WGT's co-founders, YuChiang Cheng, is President of  Topgolf Media (the division focused on enhancing the Topgolf experience through advanced digital media, strategic partnerships and sponsorships).

"Topgolf Entertainment Group is a global sports and entertainment community that connects nearly 100 million fans in meaningful ways through the experiences we create, the innovation we champion and the good that we do. What began as a technology that enhanced the game of golf now encompasses a range of unmatched experiences where communities can discover common ground at brand expressions including Topgolf venues, Lounge by Topgolf, Toptracer, Toptracer Range, Topgolf Swing Suite, Topgolf Studios, Topgolf Live and World Golf Tour (WGT) by Topgolf."

There has been no changes is in this ownership arrangement in recent years.

• JimmyLynch
    17 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 5:21 AM

OK I will Elaborate. I haven't really been on the forum for years . I  log on, close the home page , play and close the game window for years.                                                        

About ten month's ago I noticed the game becoming more difficult. ie: Rarely making birdies rarely making par or lower in any round.

This trend continued to the point the game was not fun anymore. I wrote this off as  the usual WGT trying to get me to upgrade my clubs $$ thing. I always resisted buying new clubs , but did a few times as I moved up through the tiers.

I finally broke down and bought a wedge and a putter last month. I played great . My first Eagle in over a year, many birdies and pars. Holed quite a few approach shots . Flops , Chips , pitches all working nicely.  Backspin was controllable and the ball would stick.Putter was accurate and lags were easier!

FOR ABOUT A WEEK 

The performance of these 2 clubs as well as all my clubs faded quickly with the new year. Ten days into 2020 it is worse than ever. This is why i came back to the forum and asked about the ownership of the website. I pulled up a post that said something about Topgolf buying the game in April  2018. 

This seems to be around the time the difficulty of the game clicked up quite a bit. 

I was trying to find out if other players shared this experience and if they think it is related to the new owners.

RSS