Forums

Help › Forums

Frustration and Inconsistencies

Tue, Oct 11 2022 6:21 PM (23 replies)
  • ander101
    390 Posts
    Mon, Jan 6 2020 3:26 PM

Are you referring to general play is different when you play a stroke play game alone or in an alt shot game?

In alt. shot, if playing all legends it's of course 12 greens & legend conditions, but if you have a TL & 3 legends things change, now if you add a TL & champion things get much harder and i don't mean greens, the conditions, wind ball flight other things, i played with TL & 2 tour champs the wind was in the 20 blowing in or side almost every hole, but that's the way it goes,.all conditions are determined by the highest tier player.  

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Jan 6 2020 3:30 PM

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Jan 6 2020 4:28 PM

DodgyPutter:

CowboyTed:
    My understanding is you are talking about VEM which the last thing I read from WGT was,... They are not using it. Their exact words were, "Whatever result you get from your equipment will never change. A hack will get the same result from the same use and shot."

Yes, although it was in 2010.

however, we do know that it was not the last time WGT has made a statement regarding VEM.... it was also stated it is used and in play since that time... it was even referenced as being "helping VEM" ...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 6 2020 4:30 PM

CowboyTed:
    My understanding is you are talking about VEM which the last thing I read from WGT was,... They are not using it. Their exact words were, "Whatever result you get from your equipment will never change

This statement tells me right off that you don't understand how VEM factors in. That statement was in reference to, what was at  the time, a popular conspiracy theory that WGT monkeyed with the clubs. Niv set it straight, believe what he said. It had nothing to do with VEM.

VEM is a whole nother topic but it's very much in play. It's what makes this game reasonably realistic.  :-)

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 2:19 PM

pdb1:
      It is very easy to look up ( google ) the many VEM patents and other patents that WGT has applied for . The details are interesting and enlightening . I seem to have lost the url's I had saved .

Here is one place to start:

https://patents.justia.com/assignee/world-golf-tour-inc

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 2:26 PM

I'm convinced I had a VEM round earlier today.

I shot a 27 on the back 9 of Merion. That matched my best round ever on that nine. The only difference is today's 27 was on greens with a speed of 12. The previous 27 was on championship greens (i.e.13). 

In any case, I'm pretty sure that 27 is a result of VEM. As noted above, it helps keep the game interesting and having us continue to play, which I'm absolutely fine with.  😁

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 3:55 PM

Robert1893:
    In any case, I'm pretty sure that 27 is a result of VEM.

By what logic did you come to that conclusion?

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 5:38 PM

YankeeJim:
    By what logic did you come to that conclusion?

By the logic that I'm not good enough to shoot a 27 on Merion without help. 😁

RSS