Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 3:27 PM

Group 4  Round 4  Match 3 

Results so far

Tie 1  321 Mlevin  Beats   353  Darek2

Tie 3   324 Gorilamike  Beats   348  Leighbullock

Tie 6   323 Dougongles   v 354  Mbcarp99  Match tied

Tie 8   316  Bigcountry317  Lost to 351  Blewbyou

Thanks folks

• KYLANDER
    970 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 4:01 PM

Aussie Aussie Aussie  vs. TransSpartans

Match 8: leapfrog # 204  scored 73; as a legend gets -2, final score 71

vs. KYLANDER #368, scored 56.

on hole 6, KYLANDER 4,2 ft from pin.

• masonvilla
    529 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 4:33 PM

GROUP 1 ROUND 4    TBR RHINO'S  VS  BLACK DIAMOND GC 

Duda51  wins over jacktrade51  60 - 63

beauwulf  wins over  alkoholikk  61-62

sunguramdogo wins over rocknwith1234   60 - 66

lookoutbunker  wins over damachinist   61 - 66

masonvilla   wins  over epspetx   59 - 64

• terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 7:17 PM

pertyboy803psu:

Group 2, Round 4, Match 3

306 pertyboy803psu - 62

411 terwyl1 - 72 (adjusted from 70)

Unfortunately Terry was dealing with a poor connection for most of the match.  Thanks for the game and the good company. Hope for a rematch some time, and good luck with the rest of the cup!

I am so bemused and furious about this later debacle, that here I am posting this at 2.15 am having got out of bed because I cannot sleep. The whole thing was quite surreal from this end. To start with you should understand that I had spent hours trying to get OBS to work after an upgrade, but I just kept getting a black screen and although this is well recognised in Forums none of the answers worked. In the end just prior to the match I had the brainwave to uninstall and reload an older version, which appeared to work. 

Preparing to Twitch I seem unable to set up a multi player game it keeps taking me to single player. In the meantime Mike sets up Invite, which I accept but then I cannot Twitch it, Danny says that it should make no difference as it only reflects what I have on screen; well all we got was the multi screen tunnel that you see sometimes. Anyway Mike Twitches it and Sherlock Danny manages to establish the Twitch ID and passes it on to others. 

So there was I to start with trying to still Twitch the damned game, concentration already in tatters. Common sense dictated that I shut down Twitch and OBS as for whatever reason as my CPU was running around 100 percent most of the time. Meter had been hesitating badly, and even when these programs were shut down it still did hesitate unnervingly and CPU still 90+.

So we got to complete hole 6 with Mike at -3 and me at -1, not a great prospect with me having a handicap of +2. By this time I decided that I could not continue and informed Mike that I needed to reset, however as the CPU was still 'in the heavens' and meter still bad I decided to completely reboot as I was not at all sure what was causing the problem. 

The next 20-30 minutes were then spent with my laptop failing to restart without manual intervention from me, I can imagine that Mike must have thought that this was a ruse on my part, as surely I must have been threatened by gangsters to stop the match as they had gambled hundreds of thousands on me to win and they could see that was never going to happen.

Anyway I eventually got back in and obviously time had run out, the CPU was lower and yet still quite high, the meter still juddering unnervingly although by this time I only had the game client open on the whole laptop. So I still do not know if one thing was responsible or of there were multi reasons, but meter never settled and this is something that I rarely have a problem with. 

So unsurprisingly when we get to the match itself it was a bloody disaster, my nerves were shot and I could not 'hit' the brandy since the doctor has told me to 'lay off' because of new medication, so yet another reason to want to die!! Anyway trying to conjure up the same score on a re-run posed it's own dilemma, Mike managed it perfectly but what does Dickhead do, I eagle the fifth when at the correct score and then trying to miss two putts on the sixth by under powering, somehow I par it. 

So we agree that I will adjust by 4 shots including handicap at the end. I ended up -2, but actually par if you ignore the 'second' first 6 holes, and indeed +2 with handicap. Mike played the back nine superbly ending with -8 and never for one minute looking vulnerable. He could have been excused for completely derailing after what had taken place before, and I not only offer my congratulations on an excellent win, but my profuse apologies for the saga that unfolded. 

Sorry if I bored you folks but I needed to 'get that off my chest', perhaps I can return to sleep now.      

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 10:42 PM

Group 3 Round 4 Match 2

Dew Duck Inn  vs  Fairway Fanatics A

Tie 2    423 Bosfan2006  68  v  64  Cynic13 109

Tie 6    431 LuckyTaurus 74  v  66 Kharmon5 112

Tie 7    430 Sarah91  68  v  58 Jmugsy1 111

• bigacker
    163 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 1:10 AM

Group 3

Round 4

Match 3

206 bigacker   -v-  362 liero78

liero78 wins 63/70

• duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 3:50 AM

Group 1 Round 4 Tie #3

Duda51 v Jacktrade51

Duda51 wins with a score of 60 with Jacktrade51 scoring a  63.

This score means nothing as it really could have gone either way, we had a right good old shootout going shot for shot and hole for hole, I was winning by a stroke and then Jacktrade51 would fight back and he would be winning by a stroke, a missed ding(way early) on the 5th for Jacktrade51 and a wrong scale on the 12th was the only difference between us and only for those it would have been a very different score line,,,,

Best of luck to Jacktrade51 and his team going forward...

D

• DanC2807
    945 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 4:02 AM

Group One Round 4 Tie 2

NoBeeS #172 with the WIN over DFerguson30 #278 by a score of 61 to 64 

• WildCoast
    458 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 6:09 AM

Round 4 Match 3

GOLFOSUNIDOS CLUB VS FAIRWAY FANTICS

Suertenotfound 66 (68). WildCoast 66

Match tied

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 6:44 AM

Group 4 Round 4 Match 1.

Twats Vs Chooks.

Lutjanid- 61 Lingling18- 67.

Myself and Jeff both had our moments at Pinehurts. Fleeting tho they were. Some crazy stuff with the winds out there. Thanks for the hit mate and goodluck with all thats going on at the moment. That goes for all the WGT family out there. Take care and stay safe all. :-)

RSS