Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 9:01 AM

thx chris perhaps you can send all messages for me please as i am later.

9 TEAMS LEFT TO COME BY TOMORROW NIGHT WHICH IS BETTER BUT STILL NEED THEM ASAP CAPTAINS.

INDIAN CHIEFS

INDIAN WARRIORS

THE BANDITS

BLACK DIAMOND

NOVA B

FANATIC B

FANATICS C

BROOKLINE

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

GET MESSAGES TO YOUR CAPTAINS PLAYERS OR YOU WILL GO WITH THE SAME TEAM FROM ROUND 3,THIS COMP WILL NOT STOP

FINNY

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 9:37 PM

PAULFINN52:
    9 TEAMS LEFT TO COME BY TOMORROW NIGHT WHICH IS BETTER BUT STILL NEED THEM ASAP CAPTAINS

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE.

Our team was submitted to Dotty 5 days ago Finny!

Cheers,

Waz

• xxDannyxxo
    197 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 5:27 AM

TCC PIRATES VS SEL HACKS

GROUP 3 ROUND 3 MATCH 3rd

382-GIRALDIN- 45 - POINTS -  414 -XXDANNYXXO - 46 POINTS

One of the best things about wgt is meeting good people, or at least that's what we hope for. I thank Danny for all his support during the game, and his patience to be able to set a date to play. For me the game has had no history, I have played very very badly, as I usually do lately, and Danny has been very consistent in the moments that it should have been, so he was a fair winner.

Congratulations Danny, to you and all your CC, I wish you all the best, so STAY AT HOME, and practice a lot of virtual golf.

Greetings to all.

Luis

better late than never i guess so sorry i missed this

thx Luis was great meeting you & 1st few holes you just didnt get the rub of the green

then come te 12 & 13th where i could have threw the game back to you

in the end it was a close match & good for the viewers i guess

certainly hope we get to play again soon .as such a nice bunch of people in your CC.

Danny.

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 8:47 AM

Tiewaz:

PAULFINN52:

Our team was submitted to Dotty 5 days ago Finny!

Cheers,

Waz

Yes they were Waz, my bad.... and a big hug of support for your loss mate

• tony40mo
    496 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 12:21 PM

Late game result from the last round

TCC Spartans V SPL Steak and Chops

Tony40mo spartans wins 53 to 44 against DJJOHAN69

Rgds/Tony

• BirdieLady9
    2,454 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 12:19 AM

Finny and the team has put together a very fun tournament and puts alot of time and effort into it....only think it is an easy thing for us to get our lineups to them in a timely manner....not rocket science.....is a fun way to meet others and meet new friends .

We are not doing well....but to not send our lineup in time never crossed my mind....just saying....I see no reason for it  !!

Patti :)

• pennstate1
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 3:12 AM

Fanatics C vs Brookline

Match 4 Pennstate 1 wins

#305 Pennstate1 43 vs #286 CricketCrampton 39

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 4:07 AM

The  world cup  2020

hey all

Now we are running into the latter stages of the comp and still nearly all teams have 100% record playing their matches,thanks to both captains and players for finding the time through this world crisis to sort out their matches and complete on time.

Looking at the groups there are the usual teams that are stretching out in front like Nova A,The Titans and the Bandits, the Raiders leading group 4 but only by a point from the Chickens and anyone of 5 teams could qualify for the cup knockout stages this one will go down to the very last match,

Group 2 has 3 teams all on 40 points and the exact playing averages all fighting for the remaining 2 spots left.

One of the new teams the combos have settled in nicely and will be a dark horse going into the knockout stages.

All groups have teams that can still make the top 3 or the wild card of the top remaining 4th spot  every point counts so its important that matches are completed to go towards your final total.

Right onto the golf

Round 4 

15th April – 29th April

18 Holes  Strokeplay

Pinehurst No 2

Now this is a funny course, not a lot of water and not that many trees and its quite flat so it should be a easy but its anything but.the fairways are very narrow and the rough is sandy based  then there’s mulch in there as well which is a shot sideways no yardages,

The main thing is the greens they are all kind of bowl shaped and and errant shot only a few yards off target will roll off the green and with no rough around the green to stop it probably into sand somewhere.

Really tough stroke play course.

Any player with a +_2 by their name  must  add  2 strokes to their final score,

RULES

Each match will be played to a win, draw lose no sudden death 18 holes,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by me and dotty and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

If both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp.

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, I don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

Closest to the pin holes and prizes

Round 4

15th april to 29th april

Pinehurst

HOLE 6

F1DGET

2 SLEEVES

HOLE 9

VENNA68

1 GOLF BAG

HOLE 15

1IRONY

2 SLEEVES

HOLE 17

PLAYER

1 SLEEVE

LEGENDS ONLY

SPECIAL PRIZES

longest hole in one over whole comp

5 sleeves

longest holed out shot over whole comp

5 sleeves

longest putt over 20 feet over whole comp

5 sleeves

first double eagle from open play

5 sleeves

gl all get those points in for your teams 

ps

ONE  CAPTAINS HAVE NOT SENT TEAMS OVER SO HE WILL GO THE TEAMS FROM ROUND 3,NOW THEY ARE PUBLISHED THEY CANT BE ALTERED,YOU ALL HAD ENOUGH TIME TO GET THEM OVER AND I HAVE BEEN POSTING ON THIS FORUM AS A REMINDER.

NOVA B

• Trinbagoboy
    286 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 8:12 AM

PAULFINN52:

The  world cup  2020

hey all

Now we are running into the latter stages of the comp and still nearly all teams have 100% record playing their matches,thanks to both captains and players for finding the time through this world crisis to sort out their matches and complete on time.

Looking at the groups there are the usual teams that are stretching out in front like Nova A,The Titans and the Bandits, the Raiders leading group 4 but only by a point from the Chickens and anyone of 5 teams could qualify for the cup knockout stages this one will go down to the very last match,

Group 2 has 3 teams all on 40 points and the exact playing averages all fighting for the remaining 2 spots left.

One of the new teams the combos have settled in nicely and will be a dark horse going into the knockout stages.

All groups have teams that can still make the top 3 or the wild card of the top remaining 4th spot  every point counts so its important that matches are completed to go towards your final total.

Right onto the golf

Round 4 

15th April – 29th April

18 Holes  Strokeplay

Pinehurst No 2

Now this is a funny course, not a lot of water and not that many trees and its quite flat so it should be a easy but its anything but.the fairways are very narrow and the rough is sandy based  then there’s mulch in there as well which is a shot sideways no yardages,

The main thing is the greens they are all kind of bowl shaped and and errant shot only a few yards off target will roll off the green and with no rough around the green to stop it probably into sand somewhere.

Really tough stroke play course.

Any player with a +_2 by their name  must  add  2 strokes to their final score,

RULES

Each match will be played to a win, draw lose no sudden death 18 holes,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by me and dotty and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

If both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp.

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, I don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

Closest to the pin holes and prizes

Round 4

15th april to 29th april

Pinehurst

HOLE 6

F1DGET

2 SLEEVES

HOLE 9

VENNA68

1 GOLF BAG

HOLE 15

1IRONY

2 SLEEVES

HOLE 17

PLAYER

1 SLEEVE

LEGENDS ONLY

SPECIAL PRIZES

longest hole in one over whole comp

5 sleeves

longest holed out shot over whole comp

5 sleeves

longest putt over 20 feet over whole comp

5 sleeves

first double eagle from open play

5 sleeves

gl all get those points in for your teams 

ps

ONE  CAPTAINS HAVE NOT SENT TEAMS OVER SO HE WILL GO THE TEAMS FROM ROUND 3,NOW THEY ARE PUBLISHED THEY CANT BE ALTERED,YOU ALL HAD ENOUGH TIME TO GET THEM OVER AND I HAVE BEEN POSTING ON THIS FORUM AS A REMINDER.

NOVA B

As always most appreciative of all you guys do to make this such a fun tournament.

Here is another score from our round 3 match against Fairway Fanatics.

4 286 L+ CricketCrampton   39 v pennstate1    43 L 305 4

I am not entirely sure what has happened in the one outstanding match as I cannot get through to my guy.

7 292 C pekk24 v SFletcheryyz L+ 308

I have also lost a player due to an eye injury #304 reddog1965 we were hoping he woud recover in time to play but it does not seem he will. So please remove from our roster thank you.

Best of luck in the next round and thank you to the Fairway Fanatics bunch for a great match we all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

Next its fun with SEL HAKS for us good luck all.

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 8:58 AM

Your Match ups are posted, good luck everyone in round 4

-Dotty

RSS