Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 2:05 PM

Had my game with Darren tonight. Was lucky enough to find him in a ''no'' evening and went ahead on the F9. SA is a course which is very difficult to recuperate although Darren played very well on the B9s. Thanks for the game Darren, hope to meet you out there again!! 

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 3:11 PM

Hi All,

I have posted the match ups for the bronze matches in both the Cup and Plate, I know we are a bit late doing it, if you need more time we can accommodate...

Hope you all will got out and have fun and see you can take the bronze.

Cheers,

Dotty 

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 4:21 PM

Kenher01:

PAULFINN52:

QUICK UPDATE

HAVENT HEARD FROM TEAMS IN THE THIRD/FOURTH PLACE PLAYOFF EXCEPT NAVA A SO DONT THINK ITS HAPPENING.

TITANS V BANDITS AS I ASSUME ITS ONLY 9 PLAYERS NOW AS JAY CANNOT GET TWO MORE PLAYERS,

PLATE FINAL DONT KNOW WHATS HAPPENING THERE EITHER.

AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED ITS THE FIRST 9 PLAYERS COMPETING,ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST FOR FUN.

LETS GET THESE MATCHES PLAYED AND FINISH THIS COMP PLEASE

FINNY

Hi Paul, 

We submitted our Lineup on Sun the 5th (7 days ago now), we're heading into the 2nd & last week now, a week to get in all matches, is this happening

No worries if not

Ken

I apologize Ken I spaced sending in a lineup.  Our previous lineup is fine for this round as well.  Finny you can just use the same lineup and we can try to fit it in.  

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 4:38 PM

Go ahead fella's, as per PM, we can give some more time if needed...

Cheers,

the matches are posted... good luck all

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 4:44 PM

JSmithers:

Kenher01:

PAULFINN52:

QUICK UPDATE

HAVENT HEARD FROM TEAMS IN THE THIRD/FOURTH PLACE PLAYOFF EXCEPT NAVA A SO DONT THINK ITS HAPPENING.

TITANS V BANDITS AS I ASSUME ITS ONLY 9 PLAYERS NOW AS JAY CANNOT GET TWO MORE PLAYERS,

AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED ITS THE FIRST 9 PLAYERS COMPETING,ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST FOR FUN.

FINNY

Hi Paul, 

We submitted our Lineup on Sun the 5th (7 days ago now), we're heading into the 2nd & last week now, a week to get in all matches, is this happening

No worries if not

Ken

I apologize Ken I spaced sending in a lineup.  Our previous lineup is fine for this round as well.  Finny you can just use the same lineup and we can try to fit it in.  

No apologies needed Josh, all good.

I'll leave it up to our Captain Darren to decide if we can fit it in as we are now a man down from the original Line-Up we sent in

Ken

• 1irony
    415 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 5:34 PM

Kenher01:

JSmithers:

Kenher01:

PAULFINN52:

QUICK UPDATE

FINNY

Hi Paul, 

No worries if not

Ken

No apologies needed Josh, all good.

I'll leave it up to our Captain Darren to decide if we can fit it in as we are now a man down from the original Line-Up we sent in

Ken

We can swing it as long as you don't mind an intruder in place of Karl, as he has defected to SEL.

Cheers,

Darren

• TSSparky72
    985 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 7:12 PM

Silver Plate Finals

Mlevin beats TSSparky 5/4

I managed to keep up with Marc for a few holes by halving birds on 1,2,3 and 5.  However, my putter decided to to leave me for a bit and Marc was a birdie machine.  Hitting great shots, some within gimme range and some that were just outside that Marc had no troubles converting.  It was fun to watch and just wish I could have given him a bit more trouble but he was by far the better player.

Want to congratulate COSA NOSTRA for their dominate win in the Silver Plate.  They were a team not to be denied.  Congrats to them and thanks for the well played matches.

• jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 7:33 PM

truthfully, we missed the last round.  It is my mistake, except we tend not to do 3rd place games in the US.  So I am assumed it was over.

(The lol on this is I grew up in Europe where they are standard.)

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 11:11 PM

Plate Final

Mlevin  beats  Tssparky72   5&4

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2020 5:04 PM

TSSparky72:
    Want to congratulate COSA NOSTRA for their dominate win in the Silver Plate.  They were a team not to be denied.  Congrats to them and thanks for the well played matches.

Yes, we were on a mission. Some lazy play and a smug attitude probably resulted in the 2x4 we got upside the head in the first round, missing the big boy golf by a single win. No matter, let's show our stuff. Let's be the only CC to win both the Cup and the Plate *not in the same year. It was a driving force.

4 rounds in this matchup went into extra holes. A 20, 21 and 2-25 holers. I daresay we were evenly matched up for sure and we came out on the lucky side on all of them. By all rights this should have come down to the last match. Well done, FF, you tested us.

Our success is directly attributable to the best acquistion I have ever made for Cosa Nostra-Borat74 (Paul). He's been our Tournament Director from the day he got here and has fired this CC up with his insane enthusiasm. This Plate belongs to him, we all just earned it for him. Thank you for you, Paul ;-)

And thanks to the organizers of this premium event. Talk of Flash disappearing and this being the last of this is easy to think right now. I suspect this World Cup has engraved itself on the game and will be happening next year. Might be a whole different sea of faces but this tournament works, it brings people together. 

See you next year.  :-)

*edited to correct erroneous statement. Another CC did it but in the same year. 

RSS