Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 12:30 AM

hey all

Firstly sorry about the delay for the quarter finals but we had a situation which had to be sorted before we could carry on with next round.

thanks for your patience now the matter is resolved we can get this going again

Now let’s move on with the last 8 of the world cup/plate

Unfortunately we have to say goodbye to fourteen teams, thank you all for taking part and hope to see you again next year on the new version hopefully.

To the teams who have made it through well done and it doesn’t get any easier believe me lol

Right here we go

Quarter-finals

6th June – 20th June

18 Holes  Match play

Oakmont Country Club

Im so glad wgt brought this course back even though I deleted all my yardages lol,a great match play course with some of the most toughest greens  on wgt.a few holes can be tamed but beware bogeys are not common on this course especially the 9th which has the hardest second shot on any course. Great match play course.

RULES

Each match will be played to a win including sudden death,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Once a match been played the result will stand,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

If both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp. 

Players please when posting results, I would like teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, I don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

Ctth holes and prizes

quarter-final
    6th June to 20th June
    Oakmont
    HOLE 6 AMISZO 1 SLEEVE
    HOLE 9 CHARLIEH100 1 SLEEVE 2ND SHOT ON THE GREEN
    HOLE 13 F1DGET 1 SLEEVE
    HOLE 16 AMIZSO 1 SLEEVE

gl all

• bader76
    908 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 1:57 AM

Right here we go

Quarter-finals

6th June – 20th June

18 Holes  Match play

Oakmont Country Club

Will the Starting date be from today 7th June - 21st June?

what time will the line ups be put up?

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 4:27 AM

The line ups are up, good luck to all in the 1/4 finals

Dotty

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 4:49 AM

3 out of 4 Dotty?

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 7:37 AM

we are just waiting for SPL team mate

dont ask man please,this has not been a good week

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 8:51 AM

All teams are in now, thanks everyone for their patience.......  have fun all and good luck in the quarter finals....

Cheers,

Dotty

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 9:35 AM
    JSmithers vs groverider1 Great match with a good friend! Don got off to a good start almost holing out 1 for eagle for a 1up lead. I fired back with a hole out eagle on 2 to square it up. Don got unlucky on a few putts just missing and I got out to a 3 up lead thru 9. After that we played hole for hole for a final score of 3up in favor of JSmithers. Great game Don always a pleasure my friend. Good luck to all players remaining!
  • 1irony
    415 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 10:26 AM

Cup Playoff Quarterfinal Match 3 Tie 1

136 1irony def. 161 rough44 2&1

Was a great match with John, although the golf wasn't the prettiest. John got off to a 1up lead after I 3 jacked the first hole, which I got back with an eagle on 4. John then went back up 1 on 7, a lead which he took through the 14th hole. Luckily for me, I managed to birdie the next 3 holes with John getting a very unlucky kick into the bunkers of death on 17 to seal the result of the match. John had me very nervous until the very last moment. GG Johnny Boy! ;)

Cheers,

Darren

P.S. - For anyone that missed my match and wants a novel centered on the game, I will have Ken give a much more detailed description of the game than I did in a little bit. LOL

• bader76
    908 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 12:25 PM

Cup Playoff Quarterfinal Match 3 Tie 5

137 Bader76 1up def  155 fourdeans in extras 

was a great game with both players having the lead at one point, I come back from 2dn to winning on 1st extra hole.

Great Game James know it was going to be hard match from start to finish 

Bader76

Carl

GOOOOOOO NOVA

• mrbirdhunter
    69 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 1:53 PM

Cup Playoff Quarter final:  Match 3, Tie 6

150 Siniavrc1 Defeats 151 Mrbirdhunter 1up with a clutch birdie on 18 in a back and forth match.  Great game Sin. was fun and as always enjoyable my friend.

RSS