Forums

Help › Forums

ABSENT OWNER_ CLUB IN LIMBO

Fri, Jan 17 2020 9:35 PM (20 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 2:16 PM

fanozio:

That idea is very much outdated & needs revision! What good are directors if

they have no authority to do anything but advise. It's a stone age rule & needs

change!

fanozio, LCC

As noted, it was the now-absent owner that delegated, or failed to delegate, authority to directors.

Also as noted, the owner is now the only one that can do what you are asking and none of us want WGT to be running the CC's we are in.  The rules are the rules and you have been offered the best advice by others.  Your beef is with the owner, not WGT.

I have changed CC's 3 times until I found the one I want to stay in.  You can start one or join an existing one.

• gogolfgo0
    1,442 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 3:15 PM

I'm a new Startup Club and reading this made me think about a possible merger - we are level 4 so there's a huge disparity to overcome - we did get putt pal and shot pal and are moving upward.

Send me a PM / Friend me if you'd like to take the discussion further - Carlton (ASSASINS)

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 3:34 AM

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 3:57 AM

As far as i know there is no such thing as merging CC's in WGT. You would have to close your CC and join another CC. Then get all your other members to request membership into the same CC. And as Don eluded to one of your members who happens to be a director has recently shown a total disrespect to one of our most highly regarded members, doing this might not be advisable at this time. 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 7:01 PM

TopShelf2010:
    With all due respect, not taking a shot at you personally, but with the attitude and lack of respect shown recently by one of your club's members towards a long term and highly regarded member of the WGT community ( and good friend  ), now is probably not the right time to try and recruit more players.

That situation was not Carl's fault , He was caught up in a bad situation that was caused by one of his members ,  I don't blame Carl for anything , He is a good guy .  Just because one of his members made a mistake we shouldn't take it out on Carl ,  I wish him all the luck in building his club and I will do what I can to help him along the way .

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 5:43 AM

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 6:16 AM

TopShelf2010:
    That is exactly why I said that I was not taking a shot at him personally.

Thanks Don .

• gogolfgo0
    1,442 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 8:05 AM

the matter has been dealt with gentlemen!

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 2:13 PM

gogolfgo0:

Good to know, Carl.

GL!

• gogolfgo0
    1,442 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2020 5:51 AM

DoctorLarry:

gogolfgo0:

Good to know, Carl.

GL!

Thanks Doc - ? you're office have a couch to lie down and digress ?

RSS