Forums

Help › Forums

Mobile players moving up tiers?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 30 2019 4:43 AM (5 replies)
  • sammey1
    680 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 5:43 PM

I see a ton of mobile players with virtually zero ranked rounds and with 150 ave scores (in other words, never played a ranked round) yet they are tour masters and legends. How does it work? The rest of us are playing tournament after tournament of ranked-round golf and battling score averages to level up. What gives?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 10:41 PM

If there are not enough ranked rounds, on mobile, they are promoted by XP level. E.g. and IIRC, it's L50 for Tour Pro.

Works at least until Legend.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 11:20 PM

I’ve played a few coin games against some hacks, some were mediocre, some were very good.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 12:22 AM

All of my promotions since master to TL came from playing coin rooms. I know this because my average were way above the required numbers. So yeah, coin rooms can tier you up.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 2:22 AM

Do you know the corresponding levels?

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 4:43 AM

alosso:

Do you know the corresponding levels?

If you meant me, No. I just suddenly get tiered up at some point after a coin match. When I was TM, I knew my average were above 70, and I got promoted to Legend after a coin match again. I actually complained and requested to be demoted back to TM and got denied, and that made me quit playing for 8 months. Came back, played and won some coin room matches, and again, got promoted to TL..LOL, which was fine, coz I’m already use to playing at Legend. Now, I’m waiting to be promoted to Champion by playing coin rooms, it’s not happening. Think the reason is, I used to play between 1k-1.5k matches a month, but not as much now.

Also, I’ve won lots of matches against TC, could be the reason for promotion.

RSS