Forums

Help › Forums

ANOTHER "HIGH WIND" CLASH!!!!!

Sat, Dec 28 2019 3:52 PM (33 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 2:28 PM

Actually, I believe that they have noticed, that the cow isn't giving the milk that it used to.  That's the reasoning for tap in bonuses, and showdowns.  Is it coincidence that the tap ins are only at clash times ?  

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 2:34 PM

Nancy1959:
    Surely, WGT has to notice the lower Clash participation when they do something like this!

Don't matter how many play in the clash, they are still making some money, all be it less money when less people are playing.

Happy New Year

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 2:55 PM

I’m getting a chance to use up my Christmas tree balls.  When I stocked up,  I overestimated how many I would use.  Played less in weeks leading up to Christmas due to a bunch of factors.  So, I will continue to fire away.  However, participation is down in my club, for sure, mostly due to timing I think.

• Nancy1959
    7,061 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 2:57 PM

callaghan159:
    Don't matter how many play in the clash, they are still making some money, all be it less money when less people are playing.

Yes, that is true, but I guess my point is that they could have looked at the Clash schedule ahead of time, still had two Clashes in November and December, but avoided having them on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas weekend.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 3:13 PM

• jimshaw39
    675 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 4:24 PM

Robert1893:

I have to agree. I really don't understand high-wind clashes either. They absolutely make no sense at all. 

Sence - more lost balls?  Gotta pay foe 'dem globes.!  

Jim

• Nancy1959
    7,061 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 6:03 PM

TopShelf2010:
    But, as I already mentioned, people will play regardless so there is no reason to change.

Yes, some people will play in Clashes like this on Christmas weekend, but a whole lot of people will not.  That was my point, Don.  WGT would have been better off to have two Clashes in November avoiding Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, and two Clashes in December avoiding Christmas weekend.  They would have made a lot more money doing that.

• jacktrade51
    10,900 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 6:44 PM

Into the 5th match, our course sequence has been BOP5, Erin, Chamber, and BOP5 x2.

Under the circumstances, that's not too bad to date.

Tom.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 7:30 PM

Nancy1959:

TopShelf2010:
    But, as I already mentioned, people will play regardless so there is no reason to change.

Yes, some people will play in Clashes like this on Christmas weekend, but a whole lot of people will not.  That was my point, Don.  WGT would have been better off to have two Clashes in November avoiding Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, and two Clashes in December avoiding Christmas weekend.  They would have made a lot more money doing that.

I have to agree. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 7:49 PM

jacktrade51:

Into the 5th match, our course sequence has been BOP5, Erin, Chamber, and BOP5 x2.

Under the circumstances, that's not too bad to date.

Tom.

Our first 5 have ALL been the Par 5’s . . . where we are averaging 6000 pts per match-up and resulting in our first foray into the top 20 (for the moment) even though that is never our goal.  An educated guess from past performances would have us averaging about 4000 pts per match-up on non-5’s, 5000 some courses, 3000 on others, which would put us around our usual spot of 45th or so.

Whoever is getting those “other courses” is certainly getting sc*ewed compared to us.  Maybe it will even up in our last 6.  We’ll see.

EDIT: First SIX at Par 5's now.

UPDATE: Round 7 = St. Andrews!
    Round 8 at Chambers (ouch)
RSS