Forums

Help › Forums

ANOTHER "HIGH WIND" CLASH!!!!!

Sat, Dec 28 2019 3:52 PM (33 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 8:05 AM

Just don't get it ?? It kills the interest of maybe 80% of our club members in even playing the darn thing!!...The "casual" clash player wont play at ALL... The mid level players don't want to get beat up at Chambers with near 30mph winds .....So all and all more lost money for WGT??

Oh and thanks for ANOTHER snow globe lol

Just my thoughts,JD

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 8:09 AM

I have to agree. I really don't understand high-wind clashes either. They absolutely make no sense at all. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,870 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 10:31 AM
    JDGHOST:
    Yes, another duplicate. And yes, more high wind. My club has been on the Par 5's for the first 3 rounds, which has garnered us quite a few points because of the eagle-making possibilities, but even the eaglers are getting tired of it.

On the other hand, I also have a member (a medium Legend) who managed her first DE with the help of this wind (even with the DE, her score was 46), so I guess it can be good for some! 275 yards! I'm very proud of her. replay.aspx?ID=f9fa2eb1 b44b 48c6 b23f ab2f012d2c30
  • AlaskanDame
    18,870 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 10:37 AM
    What other 9's are out there? Care to share?
  • JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 11:03 AM

AD,

The 5's and Chambers for The Founders Club so far....

JD

• AlaskanDame
    18,870 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 11:07 AM

JDGHOST:

AD,

The 5's and Chambers so far for The Founders Club so far....

JD

Thanks.  I’m seeing some leaderboard leaders on Erin and St. Andrews, too.

• AlaskanDame
    18,870 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 11:16 AM

You’d think that if high winds had to be the choice, WGT could at least put Bethpage and Kiawah in the mix, not St. Andrews and Chambers Bay.

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 12:42 PM

JDGHOST:

Just don't get it ?? It kills the interest of maybe 80% of our club members in even playing the darn thing!!...The "casual" clash player wont play at ALL... The mid level players don't want to get beat up at Chambers with near 30mph winds .....So all and all more lost money for WGT??

Just my thoughts,JD

I agree but the only way to combat this is for the top 100 or so clash clubs to come together and agree to not play in a clash. If this happened it would prove that the clubs do have some power and I would hope WGT would make some changes based on this. Unfortunately I am sure there would still be some clubs who could not help themselves because of the lure of the Golden Calf and would play anyway. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 1:44 PM

• Nancy1959
    7,033 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 1:58 PM

Much worse than having a Clash with hurricane winds is WGT's decision to have Clashes on holiday times where so many members have family commitments, are either traveling to be with family or are hosting out-of-town family.

They did so last month on Thanksgiving Day...and now they have a Clash on Christmas weekend???  That kind of scheduling makes zero sense to me and I certainly won't be participating for that reason (and I know many others who have made the same decision).

Surely, WGT has to notice the lower Clash participation when they do something like this!

~Nancy

RSS