Help › Forums

About the flash version....

Wed, Dec 25 2019 1:59 PM (9 replies)
  • suertudo3
    10 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 10:58 AM

Normal 0 21 false false false ES-AR X-NONE X-NONE

how much longer will it be available?

Are ALL browsers going to stop supporting it soon?

Anyway,I wonder what the future of wgt is going to be,

if the flash version is going to survive

or if it no longer makes sense to continue playing it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 12:16 PM

suertudo3:
    how much longer will it be available?

About a year, it goes away some time in 2020. You already know what's replacing it.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 12:44 PM

Dec. 31, 2020 will be the last day of flash

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 3:43 PM

I have a question....If I find another flash that works with WGT will the desktop version that is currently running still be available to play???

Alternatives to Adobe Flash Player
    • Lightspark. An open source Adobe Flash Player implementation, designed from the ground up to be efficient on current and (hopefully) future... ...
    • Gnash. ...
    • Swfdec. ...
    • Pepper Flash Player. ...
    • XMTV Player. ...
    • SWF File Player. ...
    • Shubus Viewer.                                                                                                                                                              Thanks JD
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 1:03 AM

JDGHOST:
    I have a question....If I find another flash that works with WGT will the desktop version that is currently running still be available to play???

That is THE question, if WGT turn off/disable the flash game then we are scuppered.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 2:15 AM
    i believe wgt want us to move away from the flash version and close it......why else would they invest money into creating another format....ie desktop early version...........i think they have a plan to blend mobile and pc into 1 game... all into one happy family lol.............
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 2:21 AM

One happy cartoon golfing family ..... The Stimpsons .....  : ))

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 2:51 AM

ScottHope:
    One happy cartoon golfing family

Full circle  like Playing  TW all over again,  :)

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 7:41 AM

ScottHope:

JDGHOST:

That is THE question, if WGT turn off/disable the flash game then we are scuppered.

SCUPPERED!!  Great word usage Scott lol ....MERRY MERRY AND HO HO HO !!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 1:59 PM

MGB01:
    i believe wgt want us to move away from the flash version and close it......why else would they invest money into creating another format....ie desktop early version...........i think they have a plan to blend mobile and pc into 1 game... all into one happy family lol.............

Well I play on a Mac, and have been playing the last few months on my ipad(mobile) and finally downloaded the MEA(Mac Early Access). 

The Mac version is mobile, simple as that! 

RSS