Forums

Help › Forums

Edit Equipment - It does not save properly!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 25 2019 9:32 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 10:35 PM

Since the latest update, v1.55.0, whenever you edit your equipment, it does not save properly although it displays as if it was properly edited & saved on your profile, but you still get to play with the equipment you previously edited (unchanged).

I tried to edit equipment from PC (flash) in efforts of finding a "work around", sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, it's all random! Because of this bug, I had to cancel rounds four times and wasted 4 CC passes for nothing. Good thing that I didn't attempt on a single-play round.

In the picture, I made sure I had equipped a TaylorMade TP5x Super Vapor Ball (L96+) before the round but once it started, it showed (and actually was) the Starter Ball I had to play with.

So I checked it again going into my profile before cancelling the round, it displayed TaylorMade TP5x Super Vapor Balls (L96+) as shown in this screencapture. WTF??!!

WGT, please investigate and fix this.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 10:43 PM

Hi Simon

I kinda had the some trouble before.. I edited equipments through my WGT Launcher n played a game n then I put back the original flash clubs via Wgt launcher n teed off a game in the Flash.

Then only I realised that, it did show saved in the WGT Launcher but didn't get updated in the Flash.

:( :( 

Then I had to re edit from the flash itself to save it.

- Carl 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 11:00 PM

Hi Carl,

So it means now I have to go to flash each time I want to edit my equipment?! Wow... LOL

The problem is even that trick doesn't guarantee whether it would be successfully done or not. :-(

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 11:11 PM

Not sure about each n every time Simon as I only did it once n it was bit pain in the buttt and I stopped doing changing clubs anymore lol

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 2:05 AM

I see...

There are "games within the game" that I'm playing and one of them is to play a different round each time with different clubs & balls every day. Now with this bug, yeah... it'll be a real pain in the butt!

Thanks for your input, Carl. Cheers.

Simon

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 5:23 AM

Simon, when I look at your profile on the Mobile App it shows all your clubs and ball as the "Starter" stuff!!

I assume you have your bag set to "advanced" in the Early Access game?

You also said that it started after an update. Did you try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it from scratch?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 2:03 PM

MarchieB:
    Simon, when I look at your profile on the Mobile App it shows all your clubs and ball as the "Starter" stuff!!

That one, I did it myself. IRL, I used to always empty out my golf bag and clean all the clubs after a round and this is how I emulate it here in the game. I equipped the Starter clubs from the app and it worked this time. Weird... I'll still have to go out and start a round to see if it was really properly saved or not, though.

MarchieB:
    I assume you have your bag set to "advanced" in the Early Access game?

Uh-huh. Always!

MarchieB:
    You also said that it started after an update. Did you try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it from scratch?

No, not yet. I'll give it a try.

Thanks, Marchie and Merry Christmas. :-)

• Jeff052551
    35 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 8:11 PM
    For those on mobile on iPad, I had the same issue when changing balls. Showed correct on profile and on equip screen but not in the game. I had to hard reset my iPad for changes to take effect. Hope they fix the issue soon.
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 1:53 PM

I play on Android and it's the same issue to what you described.

Hard reset? How you do that? Is it like there's a little tiny hole you can poke with a pin? Never used any of Job's products so...

• Jeff052551
    35 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 3:04 PM

I use an iPad. You reset by holding the power and home keys until the screen shows the Apple logo then let go. On android you hold the power key until “power options” menu comes up then you choose “power off”. After it all shuts down wait a minute or two and then hold the power button to start your phone/tablet again.

• PAGES
RSS