• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 9:21 PM

#SAVETHEWHALESREALPCVERSION!!!!!!!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 2:35 AM

Wutpa:
    My putting on the new version is already way better than it was, although the break is alien to me and I'm missing tiddlers that would make me howl in the flash version.

Agree, I’ve started playing the mobile version, not the PCEA. And yes the putting is a killer, I’ve made some crazy breaking putts and when it matters most missed some absolute sitters that appear to only have a small amount of break. I do feel I’m getting better slowly.

I can’t  seem to find any decent putting methods on the mobile forums or YouTube, I did stumble across the 5 point putt method so time ago, it helps on some, and nowhere near on other putts.

I’ve tried other methods, Techoma’s, grids, hole width by hole width etc, some work and some don’t.

As the saying goes “practice makes perfect”

Apparently!

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 5:38 AM

i believe the problem for pc players that use jc sneed method as 15 for first grid and 10 for each grid thereafter with the new version i have realized that the first grid is 10.......not 15 we are used to.......ie 10ft putt with dot speed at 6 secs  full grid....100% break it would be a full grid on new version.....flash version it would have been 1/2 grid using jc sneed........just need to change our mindsets....and practice....

• Th0maz700
    482 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 4:55 AM

........ deleted

• WildCoast
    458 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2020 9:03 AM

Thanks for confirming the grid size.

i was just wondering if the aim box on the new version is still 10 yds or has that increased

Thanks

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 6:03 AM

andwhy67:

Wutpa:
    My putting on the new version is already way better than it was, although the break is alien to me and I'm missing tiddlers that would make me howl in the flash version.

Agree, I’ve started playing the mobile version, not the PCEA. And yes the putting is a killer, I’ve made some crazy breaking putts and when it matters most missed some absolute sitters that appear to only have a small amount of break. I do feel I’m getting better slowly.

I can’t  seem to find any decent putting methods on the mobile forums or YouTube, I did stumble across the 5 point putt method so time ago, it helps on some, and nowhere near on other putts.

I’ve tried other methods, Techoma’s, grids, hole width by hole width etc, some work and some don’t.

As the saying goes “practice makes perfect”

Apparently!

There are no methods for putting on mobile.  Most players don't have excel sheets running on their ipads that will help calculate the break distance if you take the 30 seconds or so to count dots (which move twice as slow as the PC version).  There's virtually no good putting videos on youtube for the mobile version of this game.  Yes, I know Young46 has one up, but as mentioned before, I don't play on a powerful PC where I can have virtual rulers, excel sheets up that do the math to determine break distance, how many squares, etc in a quick manner.  

Mobile putting is almost entirely feel.  Some days you get luckier than others.

• mikea96
    794 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2020 1:51 PM

When looking at country club tournament sign up, no courses are listed, it shows  times and dates but not courses for each round.

Mike

• PAGES
RSS