Forums

Help › Forums

Next clash

Wed, Dec 25 2019 9:21 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2019 7:41 AM

Does anyone know yet if the next clash is going to start on Boxing Day , ie 26 th ? 
    obviously that’s when it is due but doesn’t seem a particularly convenient date .
    some countries/ religions don’t bother with the Christmas celebrations , so it won’t affect everyone , but I would just think it would be helpful to know . Thank you  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2019 11:01 PM

Check if it's a holiday in California - that might make a difference.

Otherwise, I have little hope for you; they say it's a British Empire holiday.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2019 11:39 PM

alosso:

Check if it's a holiday in California - that might make a difference.

Otherwise, I have little hope for you; they say it's a British Empire holiday.

Wgt didn't seem to care, when it fell on Thanksgiving day, why should they care about the day after Christmas ? Btw, participation was down then,  I hope they paid dearly for their stupidity.  FYI ,   for those of you that don't  know it, all 50 states are of the United States, so it will be a holiday weekend end there. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 1:59 AM

Luckystar5:
    Wgt didn't seem to care, when it fell on Thanksgiving day, why should they care about the day after Christmas ? Btw, participation was down then,  I hope they paid dearly for their stupidity.  FYI ,   for those of you that don't  know it, all 50 states are of the United States, so it will be a holiday weekend end there. 

I think they will start it as usual, but anybody playing it will be another story.

In my club, Clashes are not mandatory. Play if you want to, or don't play.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 5:31 AM

DonCaron:
    Play if you want to, or don't play.

Exactly.

I really don't understand why it matters if it's holiday or not or what's going on with the calendar. They're basically a business offering something. Either people want to take advantage of what they're offering or people don't. 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 5:56 AM

DonCaron:
    I think they will start it as usual, but anybody playing it will be another story.

There will always be someone playing in the clash. How many is anyone's guess. Even if participation is down 50% it is still money in WGT's pocket. Not much effort for them to set up a clash event I can't imagine.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 8:23 AM

Just for my information , does Boxing Day not exist in USA? 
    I am in France and it is t a holiday here , just curious ! 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 8:30 AM

bossbird:

Yes we have boxing day here.   But we call it wedding anniverary.    lol

• AlaskanDame
    18,873 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 8:40 AM

bossbird:

It is recognized in USA and some (many?) people here have family traditions, but it is not a holiday as such, not usually a day off work, for instance, not closed banks/stores.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 11:05 AM

bossbird:
    I am in France and it is t a holiday here
    Am I correct to suspect that it's "2nd day of Christmas" as it is in Germany (zweiter Weihnachtsfeiertag)? Difference being that Boxing Day is a merely public holiday but Christmas is at first a christian feast.

• PAGES
RSS