Help › Forums

Ping i500 level 27 honest review + taughts on upgrade to lvl59 set

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 5 2020 11:54 PM (7 replies)
  • seifvai
    12 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 3:36 PM

Hi, 

Just wanted to share my experience with the ping i500 lvl 27: the numbers looked promising enough for me to take a shot on them, but they turned out to be a regression factor to my game: their supposed to be very forgiving 4 but theyre not: a mm out of the sweet spot and the shot is completely off, ive downgraded to my free wgt set and i have much more control with a 0.5 precision club ?!!! 

Now im thinking about upgrading to the lvl59 set who comes with a HIGH trajectory 3.5 precision but only 2 forgiveness, im really concerned about this because the other set was more forgiving.

Any insight would save me from doing another mistake !!!

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:24 AM

The L59 Ping set was my first set of irons... I used the free set and coin game rental irons until I unlocked that level and I was happy with them until I upgraded to the L85 Irons.

Since you are well past L59... you may ask yourself how quickly you are progessing up the levels... if you can enjoy playing reasonably well for the time being... you could consider waiting until the L85 irons and then purchasing them.  I have no doubt they are an even better investment.

Since you appear to be a mobile / coin game player... you can also look at apparel that will enhance your irons in the meantime if you haven't already.  

• seifvai
    12 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 9:19 AM

Thanks for the help, i forgot about the lvl filtering on clubs, never had visibility on them !!!!  Leveling up would take me time but i will definitely take this path as i can only gather credits through videos offering. Then maybe i could take on legends and tour champions with a bit of success !!!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 10:26 AM

el3n1:
    The L59 Ping set was my first set of irons... I used the free set and coin game rental irons until I unlocked that level and I was happy with them until I upgraded to the L85 Irons.

They were great irons and better than the R11's I had

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 12:41 PM

seifvai:
    forgot about the lvl filtering on clubs, never had visibility on them !!!!  Leveling up would take me time

here is a small excerpt on levels ... if you have kept your CDP going, max out your apparel on mobile for XP bonus and watch the video for extra points you might be surprised how many points you can earn a day with a handful of coin matches ...

look at where you are at... the first column is the level, the second th # of point to reach the level and the third column is the amount of points between each level... you are looking at around 108,400 XP to level 85 and you have already earned over 189,815 points to get to where you are now... you can use that as a guide and then do a little math.  If it is another year, let me know and maybe I can help... if it is another month or two, then maybe saving your hard earned credits for the L85 irons would be better ... 

78 189,815
    79 199,515 9,700
    80 209,715 10,200
    81 222,415 12,700
    82 237,615 15,200
    83 255,315 17,700
    84 275,515 20,200
    85 298,215 22,700
  • seifvai
    12 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 12:13 PM

Thank you once again for all the effort, seems like leveling up should be my main concern. A quick update, so i did level up to 79 and was granted a rental on the TM P790. One single round was enough for me to be completely sold on these: lucky for me i had just enough credits to afford them with the 10% discount:  my game is improving exponentially !Gimmie after gimmie !!!  The high trajectory is ridiculous, 4.5 precision but only 2.5 forgiveness, but the funny thing is the fast speedmeter 3, who turned out to be a perfect fit for my tablet gaming, now i have uniformity over my clubs which feels way more easier to handle than having to adjust.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 1:36 PM

seifvai:
    the funny thing is the fast speedmeter 3, who turned out to be a perfect fit for my tablet gaming,

I would not have guessed that... Sounds great though... for many people slower meter is much better than faster meter clubs... but if your other clubs are built around a faster meter, I can see how that works for you..  enjoy your new sticks!  : )

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2020 11:54 PM

el3n1:

i have a nice driver and a few wedges, I have my eye on the L 59 Odyssey Sabertooth putter, but I’ve really been thinking about the irons. I think the L 59 pings will fit better into my game and have some longevity to them and are 500 cheaper than the L 52 Callaways.  They are definitely different sets and both have their attributes. Although I think I answered my own question and should just wait for L59 with how fast I’ve been leveling up. 

RSS