Forums

Help › Forums

Scoring 52 is not a realistic score.

Wed, Jan 25 2023 10:23 PM (130 replies)
  • Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 1:34 AM

There was a guy who shot a 56 but unfortunately couldn’t hold off the maestro with the iDing 9000 ;-)

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 7:10 AM
    Lmao 😂
    Young46:

Oliverk44:

I get how people can shoot 50’s with all the gear etc, but can someone please explain to me how in the e-tour qualifying that’s taking place now, someone has shot 57!?

this is bethpage black, very windy and fast greens and every player has to use the same clubs, which aren’t great and a ball that doesn’t spin much. There are par 4’s that you can’t actually reach in 2 and you can’t reach any par 5 in 2 either. It seems implausible anyone could shoot so low unless they are holing shots from the fairway with 30mph winds

how do they manage it?

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:550:0]

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 8:02 AM

I think everyone is missing the obvious answer to how someone shoots a 52. Easy. The player missed the putt on 18 for a 51. 😀 

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 10:04 AM

I think I've discovered how anyone can shoot a 52 in two easy steps.

#1. Go to the pro shop and purchase Jasons' avatar ( optional ).

# 2. Photoshop your name onto his scorecard & presto !

Doc :)

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 11:03 AM
    drmoose:

I think I've discovered how anyone can shoot a 52 in two easy steps.

#1. Go to the pro shop and purchase Jasons' avatar ( optional ).

# 2. Photoshop your name onto his scorecard & presto !

Doc :)

Still waiting for Jason’s avatar doc 🤣 needs to happen
  • Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 8:24 PM

skbob:
    All scores below 65 must be cheats.

A friend I introduced to the game last June is now lvl 90 TM, and he shoots rounds under 65, but has yet to crack 60. He plays a Callaway lvl 43 ball (I suggested the lvl 33 ball because it has a third more hits). His clubs are all below lvl 90, and he uses the lowest lvl Cleveland wedges.

skbob:
    Never in your life you are able to shoot 52 with 35mph wind and tour speed greens.

To shoot a single play 52 in those conditions is a brilliant round, for anyone. Nevertheless, a round of 52 is common for many top players in low wind, standard to fast green speed conditions.

The difference between 52 and 58 is the length of your putter divided by the space between your ears.

Mike

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 8:29 PM

skbob:
    All scores below 65 must be cheats.

I introduced a friend to the game last June and he shoots rounds under 65, but has yet to crack 60. He plays a Callaway lvl 43 ball (I suggested the lvl 33 ball because it has a third more hits). His clubs are all below lvl 90, and he uses the lowest lvl Cleveland wedges.

skbob:
    Never in your life you are able to shoot 52 with 35mph wind and tour speed greens.

To shoot a single play 52 in those conditions is a brilliant round, for anyone. Nevertheless, a round of 52 is common for many top players in easier conditions.

The difference between 52 and 58 is the length of your putter divided by the space between your ears.

Mike

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 11:21 PM

I suspect Young46 is being sarcastic.

I am never going to be as good as the very best players in WGT (think fmagnets or birchi), but most of them are honest.  There were cheating problems several years ago but it seems a lot (maybe most) of that got rooted out in part because the honest top players complained and also because of the requirement that certain rounds be streamed.  I remember one player who streamed a round and the cheating program icon could be seen on the screen.

But 1 notch below the top 10, I played one yesterday, I was -4 in 7 holes and lost 3&2 in 9 holes on match play in CB front 9. Never crossed my mind he cheated.  He was just better.

And of course our scores are better in virtual golf.  WGT is thinking if we struggle to make par every hole every round we will play less.  We all want to be Nicklaus/Woods.  Same as in all other games.  60% passing in NFL virtual game ain't pleasing the player.

In connection with the ETour qualifying on Oakmont, 51 was not unrealistic since WGT moved the tees up on a number of holes.  Well, lol, 51 was unrealistic for me, but not for some players I know and who I know are honest.

That's why I despise unlimited first round play but that is another subject for another day.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2020 8:47 AM

jacktrade51:
    I suspect Young46 is being sarcastic.

No, he's actually being genuine. That player really does use the iDing9000.

True story.  

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2020 12:31 PM

On further reflections...

I would say the statement "scoring 52 is not a realistic score" is absolutely true for approximately 99.99999% of the people on WGT and this is possibly being generous....  

If there are 15,000,000 subscribers on WGT and we take the top fraction of 1% say .00001 of those players who have gone on to become elite esports professionals we have around say 150 members that can on any given day post a 52 within say 10 attempts.  

Yet, even among that 150, there may be a smaller subset that stands above their peers on a consistent basis... hence the observance of familiar names on the leaderboards.  

There may be another group of members within .00002 or .00003% than could still accomplish that feat in say 20 to 30 attempts at the most or less with ideal wind conditions on eagle holes, but they all have years of experience and thousands of rounds under their belt.  

So, if your still reading @skbob, take notes, learn from the best and put in the work and maybe in a few thousand rounds and years of experience... a few of us may, just may catch up... either way, the game can be enjoyed in a variety of ways.  : )  

RSS