Help › Forums

gimme putts?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 18 2019 3:16 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 4:30 AM

I was always told the putting on WGT greens will not count towards hits on your ball (durability). However a WGT player has posted on a unofficial FB page the WGT told them that a gimme will count +2 hit on a ball’s durability?

“WGT Member Services (WGT)

Dec 16, 7:17 PM CST

Hi XXX,

Gimme putts count as +2 hits to the golf ball for its durability. Let us know if you need anything in the future.

-WGT”

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 4:57 AM

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 9:31 AM

Perhaps a mix-up.

I know that Mulligans on the greens cost two shots on ball life.

• mrmp1
    534 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 3:19 PM

VERY INTERESTING 

How would a player know ? Is there a counter somewhere i never knew about ? 

Mel

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 3:24 PM

No!! This is absolutely not true. I played this person that started this myth ,argued with him about it so contacted customer support. All putts struck with the putter or gimmes do NOT count toward the hits on your ball. Maybe one of the mods like Champ could weigh in on this and confirm!

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 3:37 PM

I know when you take a mulligan there is right by the ball image. I have never seen on on a gimme putt, but I really never looked for one. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 2:52 AM

Dave33200:

I know when you take a mulligan there is right by the ball image. I have never seen on on a gimme putt, but I really never looked for one. 

It doesn't show because you don't see anything when you choose take gimme. It automatically goes to the scorecard screen without showing the putt, The only way to know for sure  I think would be to ask Icon  or Champion . 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 4:51 AM

Gimme putts eating ball usage was confirmed back in 2015...

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/322995.aspx

EDIT  to Scott's post below VVVVVVV

Thanks for the validation!

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 5:10 AM

I've just played a couple of holes in the Unity game, one as a ranked round and one as a practise round.

In the ranked round I putted up close to the hole and got a 'performing-auto-click' to finish out the hole. Checking out the ball degradation value after that, showed that the ball registered no extra hits after getting onto the green.

In the practise round, again I putted up close to the hole, and then took the 'gimmie'. Checking the ball degradation, this again showed that no hits were registered after I reached the green.

The image below shows the degradation on a new ball after the two holes I played. Two drives and two approach shots equal total degradation of 4 shots including all putts, auto-click putts and gimmies.

Hope that helps.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 1:40 PM

Ty,Scott!!!!! This myth has been going around for a long time! I don't know what was confirmed in 2015 but in 2019 c/s confirmed to me all putts whether gimmes or struck with putter do not count toward ball degradation!!!!

Edit: wgt shamwow confirmed gimmes do NOT count toward ball degradation! www.wgt.com/forums/t/575146.aspx That was back on 2/15/19.

• PAGES
RSS