Forums

Help › Forums

Presidents Cup

Thu, Mar 19 2020 10:05 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 6:06 PM

What a magnificent victory by the American team! In spite of the offensive behavior by the Australian spectators, the Americans put on a great show of golf and sportsmanship. The Aussies acted like hooligans at a hockey match, heckling the American players and cheering if they hit a bad shot. They will not get that treatment when it is played in America in 2021.

Shame on the Australians and the International players for not publicly condemning this behavior and putting a stop to it on the course. Pure trash.

• Gepetto1958
    4,204 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2019 1:00 PM

AlaCowboy:
    They will not get that treatment when it is played in America in 2021.

I'm sorry but I heard worse in New Jersey 2 years ago

• ander101
    390 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2019 2:23 PM

In games played here my caddy often gives me the wrong club to hit my shot properly, but when push comes to shove, i will let him put a drunk, foul mouth spectator in his place. 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2019 3:26 PM

Gepetto1958:
    I'm sorry but I heard worse in New Jersey 2 years ago

I was thinking the same thing. The heckling at these events in the U.S. is far worse. Anyone who believes otherwise either isn’t paying attention or has a very short memory.

And if I were a betting individual, I’d place a whole lot of money on Americans being worse in 2021. 

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2019 9:16 PM

AlaCowboy:

What a magnificent victory by the American team! In spite of the offensive behavior by the Australian spectators, the Americans put on a great show of golf and sportsmanship. The Aussies acted like hooligans at a hockey match, heckling the American players and cheering if they hit a bad shot. They will not get that treatment when it is played in America in 2021.

Shame on the Australians and the International players for not publicly condemning this behavior and putting a stop to it on the course. Pure trash.

Wow, you are incredible

This is the first time you watch the ryder cup or the president cup ?

Always that "ambiance" you know in those competition and yes usa is even worse than that when they received the ryder cup or the president cup.

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 12:26 AM

AlaCowboy:

Seriously?

Have a beer mate. smh

Brian

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 4:44 AM

AlaCowboy:

Maaaate, Yes it was a well fought victory for USA, but seriously - you've got to be joking !

I watched all 4 days of the coverage from start to finish & if a great shot was made by the USA, it was cheered by all who witnessed it....if a putt was missed by the USA it was cheered....The Internationals have lost most of the Presidents Cups that they have played in, so of course a miss will be cheered as it means another chance for the Internationals to pull off an upset....

The only players to get heckled really were Patrick Reed & Matt Kutcher & you cannot tell me that in light of the way they act & play on tour, that they did not deserve it....Patrick Reed's brother in law caddy was removed from the course for getting physically confrontational with a spectator & was lucky to not get arrested for assault....

The best call that I heard was a guy yelling out " Are you seriously going to make your caddy carry 14 clubs & a shovel "  to Patrick Reed on the 1st tee.....lol

P.Reed quote - I didn't mean to move the sand with my club, it wasn't intentional - (twice Pat)! Now that's a joke! lol

M.Kutcher - Underpaying a local caddie because he was Mexican....Poor form in anyones books I say & he deserved all he got !

I recommend that you take a spoon of concrete, wash it down with a good ol Aussie beer & harden up AlaCowboy!

Cheers mate!

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 5:53 AM

Anyways who said patrick taking a practice swing in a bunker and moving the sand was cheating .

I'm no cheat, says US golfer Patrick Reed.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 6:33 AM

If you don't get caught, it's not cheating.

Oh... wait. Umm... never mind. ;-) 

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Tue, Jan 7 2020 1:02 AM

AlaCowboy:

Australians take pride in calling it how they see it, rather than involve themselves in time wasting efforts trying to criticise politely in order not to offend some snowflakes' feelings.

In general, such tactful approaches rarely penetrate the minds of intended recipients.

Here's a tip: Try not to whinge and play victim if you feel offended, because your above diatribe does nothing more than make you appear to others as a pre pubescent spoilt brat.

Grow a pair, man.

• PAGES
RSS