Forums

Help › Forums

12 Days of Christmas 2019 day 3

Sun, Dec 15 2019 8:18 AM (56 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 11:26 AM

I don't see any requests. come on surely someone wants or needs something. 

• mossbacker
    103 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 11:45 AM

I've been blessed in this game with great friends, I have all I need but am requesting for a few dealing with real life problems...would make their day to recieve a sleeve from a new friend!

Gary4750 lost his wife recently but still makes tremendous effort to play and interact with clubmates, says the game is good therapy...

Mark42027 interceded when his neighbor's boyfriend was beating her, he got a baseball bat to the face and has endured multiple oral surgeries...has not dimmed his outlook or gifting habits!

Goober109 has gone into remission after long time under chemothereapy, which is awesome...but he has retreated into seclusion as the owner of a club with only himself as member...let's show him a path back to rejoining the community!

saw this thread when idly checking forum, thank you for reminding me to spread Holiday cheer! 

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 11:47 AM

See AKD post above. ^^^^

• PaulMercier
    97 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 12:01 PM

borntobesting:

I was a recipient of a gift from Santa early in my WGT hobby and I was very appreciative and still am. This is a great community event. My golf bag is sufficiently stocked and I am in need of nothing but I know a player who would benefit from the 12 Days of Christmas 2019. He is semi-retired and only plays PC games. He has no device from which to earn credits from watching videos. He purchases his equipment and balls with real money. I gifted him a putter earlier this year and his game improved and his putting became more enjoyable. I suggested to him that he participate in this event and he said he was uncomfortable as it would make him feel like a panhandler. He commented that if someone offered him something, as I did with the putter, he would not turn it down but he was uncomfortable asking for anything. If anyone would like to help my friend gbray1 with equipment I know it would make his day. He is currently renting wedges and an upgrade in his wedges would make a big difference. I will be gifting him some balls as well. Thanks all. Paul

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 12:11 PM

I POSTED THE FOLLOWING ON DAY 2 THIS MORNING WISH MAY HAVE BEEN TO LATE I BELIEVE?......

Hello all my WGT friends and Happy Holidays to you and yours !! I would like to nominate a dear friend who is in need of some help...."kenny2323" is in a very tough way health wise he is currently in the Hospital outside of Boston waiting on a second surgery after just having one a few days ago....We his friends know he will be there for awhile ...Kenny still has been trying to play with us every night in our nightly Skype group although  its quite tough all you hear is beeping.. bells and whistles and doctors and nurses coming in and out lol...Hes a trooper tho...

So if anyone wants to help him he plays a fairly cheap ball only ones he likes.. Level 47 Taylor Made's....I am sure it would help lift his spirits... like myself he lives on near nothing from Social Security I have sent him a sleeve but that's not much wish I could do more... 

Thanks for any consideration,

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!!

JD

(KUDOS TO OPY AND ALL INVOLVED)

• Vetterdays
    4 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 12:31 PM

WGT has to be the best game out there. Where else can you find a community of people willing to help each other better themselves. The 12 Days or Christmas is a prime example. My dad use to tell me to get the best or wait until you can. Be it tires for the car, the love of your life, or even the golf clubs you buy. 
    My WGT play seems to have reached a plato. I would be honored to receive a gift from the WGT Santa. I wish I was good enough to be a Santa myself. Some day I will. But I could use Santa’s help. I don’t look at it as greedy. To be the best you need to play with the best. Be it a wish is a wish I would wish for the best. Like my dad told me. I will miss him so much. I laid him to rest next to my mom earlier this year. 
    Max cc Putter

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver (L96+)

Callaway Rogue Sub Pro Iron Set (L100+) 

a bucket of Bridgestone Tour B X Ultra Slow Meter  Balls

Maybe with Santa’s help this year, I’ll be able to help and be a Santa next year. 

• wonputtzz
    14 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 12:32 PM

Carlosdev,

Thank you so much for the gift of the Ping driver.  I'm really looking forward to making more fairways, although I'll have to work on my aim as I will be in very unfamiliar territories.

I really appreciate your generosity.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!!!

P.S.

I tried to send a PM but I don't see a 'Send a message" button anywhere.

I did post a message on your wall.

• ClintonJochinger
    265 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 12:33 PM

borntobesting:

If someone has any unwanted Srixons at the bottom of their bag I will give them a loving dry air conditioned home.

Merry Xmas all

Clint

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 12:51 PM
    JDGHOST:
    ."kenny2323" is in a very tough way health wise he is currently in the Hospital outside of Boston waiting on a second surgery after just having one a few days ago.
    Who the heck is DOUBLEBOGEY. Kenny should delete that post from DB that is on his wall or report DB to CS with screen shot.
  • AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 12:54 PM
    callaghan159:

See AKD post above. ^^^^

Maybe the Pro and TP would play something besides blitz if they had better clubs. I don't know . . . .
RSS