Forums

Help › Forums

Virtual Tour is Ending

Mon, Jan 13 2020 12:41 PM (43 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 6:55 PM

TopShelf2010:

Sounds like someone is due for a promotion.

LOL

LOL certainly not me!

But my point is, there is an excellent chance that over the course of the year, many of the lowest scores in the monthly tournaments will come from people who are Champions or below.  Or from people who do not stream their rounds.  The European eTour already has a bracket winner who is a Legend.  I think it's very elitist to suggest that only players who are TCs, and only those who stream, should get to go to the Live Series finale each month.  

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 7:59 PM

SamSpayed:
    only those who stream, should get to go to the Live Series finale each month.  

I could be wrong, and I understand your point... but from watching the first live series that was invite only... the players were playing from their homes and were required to connect on a stream so the match could be shown live.  No one went to a single site like vegas to play.

So anyone participating needs to be able to have a setup or computer that can stream even if they dont do so regularly.  

Now your other point regarding tiers has more value... WGT appears to have imposed some serious increases in the ranked round requirement to be eligible for promotion.  I have read TL is now 750 RR, when it was more like 200 before... that is an awful huge jump ... and it will seriously slow down promotions.   

• ebraffa
    442 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 10:33 AM

Virtual Tour is Ending

What happened to the monthly free ball? Did that end too?

EB

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 11:18 AM

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 12:32 PM

TopShelf2010:
    e. There are a couple of tournaments each month that gift you a free ball for entering

Not seeing them this month, Don.  That’s what he’s talking about

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 12:35 PM

• CaddyShackerMan
    10 Posts
    Mon, Jan 6 2020 3:34 PM

Sadly with the little I play matchplay or skins anymore, without the Virtual Tour I will not play WGT much anymore. The Virtual tour was played by tiers. I cant compete against tour champions who post outrageous unbelievable scores. Replaced by live tour? No tiers? The leader at the moment is -21 already and its the 6th of the month. The one thing I looked forward to playing. Why waste hits on my balls playing a tournament I have no chance of winning? SAD!

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Jan 6 2020 4:29 PM

The name isn't final, but check this one out: 

http://www.wgt.com/golf-tournaments/stroke-play/wk-2-champion-tournament-tournament.aspx?id=8d328c028a0c4974b8b2ab3a00607b12

We have a lot of tournaments running all the time, I hope you find some more that you like. 

_CHAMPION 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Jan 6 2020 4:31 PM

WGTChampion:
    There will be a VT replacement that won't be as prominent . . . It will likely be a 2 round weekly tournament but don't take that as confirmed as I’m still working on it.
    _CHAMPION

Just incase you haven’t noticed it (as it was just added today) or the new “Thank You” post (http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/618464.aspx ) the replacement is here!! 

IMHO this is the best compromise between the Unlimited Play / Single Play factions that should appease and accommodate both sides.

http://www.wgt.com/golf-tournaments/stroke-play/wk-2-champion-tournament.aspx?id=8d328c028a0c4974b8b2ab3a00607b12

• Weekly TIERED “Champion Tournament
    • 18 hole rounds 
    • Round 1 - Unlimited Play
    • Round 2 - Single Play

Thank you WGTCHAMPION !! 

EDIT:  

WGTChampion:

The name isn't final, but check this one out:  . . . 
    We have a lot of tournaments running all the time, I hope you find some more that you like. _CHAMPION

LOL! Champ I think we must have been writing our posts at the same time!!!

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Mon, Jan 6 2020 6:25 PM

. . . still no free ball though, which my lower tiers would like to try out (and I would like them to try out!  Get them off of those starter balls by seeing what a difference another ball can make!)

RSS