Forums

Help › Forums

Virtual Tour is Ending

Mon, Jan 13 2020 12:41 PM (43 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 7:08 PM

It's just pennies Simon.  That was literally the best day when they got rid of them.  

Though I'd definitely agree that nickels and dimes could go too - wish they'd do that.

More and more people are paying debit these days anyway, there's no need to have all these coins floating about. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 7:24 PM

I suppose you're right, Brad.

I still do lots of things in the old-fashioned way here and give people a good laugh. Well, what do I know...

Wish happy holidays to you and yours. :-)

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 8:33 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

LOL I like the way you post, Marchie.

LOL 🀣 Thanks Simon. I try to keep it light hearted in here and bring a bit of comic relief. One of the guys I worked with when I was an apprentice was British and had a wicked sense of humor. He used to say to me all the time “ Marchie, if you didn’t laugh you’d cry” There’s no point in getting too worked up over anything. There’s way worse situations in life than anything that can happen in a game!

As far as the pennies go basically if you’re paying cash you round up or down to the closest ¢5. If you are paying electronically (debt/credit card) you get charged the exact amount with no rounding. Pennies were costing more to produce than they were worth! 
    They changed over to the Loonie ($1) and Twoonie ($2) coins to save $$ too as they last 20x longer than bills. They talked about making a $5 coin too but I think that was going to far. Even for us mild mannered Canadians put up a bit of a stink about that!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 9:53 PM

What the British dude said is spot on! LOL

Yup, now I got it after some trial & errors so to speak. The Loonie and Twoonie were already around when I was still here up to 1999. (I remember the Loonie joke "How many cows in the coin?'' when it first came out. I'm sure people across the Atlantic wouldn't appreciate it much. LOL) And I agree... making a five-dollar coin is kinda going too far.

• SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2019 5:37 AM

WGTChampion:

I'm going to gripe here for a second. In many threads I see complaints that we only care about new players, and in others I see that we only care about top players. So maybe we care about all of you? (spoiler: the answer is yes, we care about all of you). 

There will be a VT replacement that won't be as prominent (i.e. won't have quarterly leaderboards or crowns for winners, or a special section in the website). It will likely be a 2 round weekly tournament but don't take that as confirmed as I'm still working on it. 

If anyone has any name suggestions for it I'm open to it. So far I've been calling WGTChampion's Super Cup Weekly Tournament. The issue with the name is that obviously I'm an egomaniac who put's my name on stuff, AND what even is a Super Cup? I certainly don't have a trophy to give out... 

TL:DR I have your back. 

_CHAMPION 

"AND what even is a Super Cup?"

it will hold my Super Balls-

Taylormade of course....

• jimshaw39
    675 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2019 1:21 PM

DampandDusty:

MarchieB:

Say it ain’t so !!! 😒 Honestly I’ll be sad to see the WGT Virtual Tour go come January.

Don't get me wrong as I really do like what I’ve seen so far of both the NEW “WGT Live Series” and “Euro eTour” events. But so far these two events look like they will be tierless “open” events where everyone from Amateurs to Tour Champions will be competing in the same event. I’m not against that as these two new events are designed to propel WGT Golf into the eSports World and having the BEST players showcasing the game is appropriate. 

But the nice thing about the VT events was that being tiered, they were an opportunity for anyone regardless of skill level to legitimately compete and experience winning! I know that I personally was as πŸ˜„ as a 🐷 in πŸ’© back in May when I won the VT “Master” level event at Olympic CC!!!  I also enjoyed the Multi Round format that most of the regular WGT tournaments do not have. The “Unlimited/Single Play” 2 round format and even better the “Unlimited/Single/Single” 3 round format of the quarterly “Majors” were a better test of skill as you only had one shot at the single play events!!!

WGTChampion:
    Keep an eye out for new Tournaments like the WGT Live Series, European eTour, and more in 2020.
    _CHAMPION

I for one am hoping the “and more” includes some type of Monthly, Tiered, Multi-round tourneys that don’t really currently exist now that the VT is being dissolved.

+1 and very well argued

DampandDusty:

MarchieB:

Say it ain’t so !!! 😒 Honestly I’ll be sad to see the WGT Virtual Tour go come January.

Don't get me wrong as I really do like what I’ve seen so far of both the NEW “WGT Live Series” and “Euro eTour” events. But so far these two events look like they will be tierless “open” events where everyone from Amateurs to Tour Champions will be competing in the same event. I’m not against that as these two new events are designed to propel WGT Golf into the eSports World and having the BEST players showcasing the game is appropriate. 

But the nice thing about the VT events was that being tiered, they were an opportunity for anyone regardless of skill level to legitimately compete and experience winning! I know that I personally was as πŸ˜„ as a 🐷 in πŸ’© back in May when I won the VT “Master” level event at Olympic CC!!!  I also enjoyed the Multi Round format that most of the regular WGT tournaments do not have. The “Unlimited/Single Play” 2 round format and even better the “Unlimited/Single/Single” 3 round format of the quarterly “Majors” were a better test of skill as you only had one shot at the single play events!!!

WGTChampion:
    Keep an eye out for new Tournaments like the WGT Live Series, European eTour, and more in 2020.
    _CHAMPION

I for one am hoping the “and more” includes some type of Monthly, Tiered, Multi-round tourneys that don’t really currently exist now that the VT is being dissolved.

+1 and very well argued

+2 &me 2

• jimshaw39
    675 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2019 1:45 PM

DampandDusty:

MarchieB:

WGTChampion:
    _CHAMPION

+1 and very well argued

DampandDusty:

MarchieB:

WGTChampion:
    _CHAMPION

+1 and very well argued

+2 & me 2

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 5:19 AM

Another idea along the same lines: 3 rounds single play, tiered, during the first 3 weeks of every month. Prize funds similar to the current VTs. The top 10 finishing streamers from the TC tier go through to the Live Series finale during the last week of every month.

Keeps the tiered competition that is important for those not in the top tier. Gets rid of the unlimited round that few people like. And provides a fair method of qualification for the Live Series. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 12:05 PM

fmagnets:
    The top 10 finishing streamers from the TC tier go through to the Live Series finale during the last week of every month.

What if you happen to be a Champion or below (not a TC) with one of the 10 lowest scores... or a player that doesn't like to stream?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 12:26 PM

RSS