Forums

Help › Forums

Introducing the European eTour!

Mon, Apr 27 2020 8:50 AM (42 replies)
  • Ketket1
    6,888 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 2:23 AM

Imahacker58:

And the average mug playing this game and paying for their gear and balls has absolutely no chance in this tournament which will end up being between the same few who play on pc with their charts and calculations, yet they are still griping about using a standard set of clubs. Should be using standard wgt balls too. I’ll stick to see ball hit ball and have fun, it’s just a game. In the real world 5 or 6 under is a good score, yet all these “champions” going around in sub 60 scores and still whining about having to use a virtual set of clubs out of their comfort zone is pathetic.

I watched Young46 play his 3rd round bracket match earlier. Now his opponent, MattMaher35, ended up winning comfortably. And he is not PC. I know most of the big comps the PC players win time after time but it has been great to see a mobile player get through qualification and be only 1 win away from a trip to Abu Dhabi. Matt plays on a small iPhone. He doesn't have rulers or other gizmo's to help calculate distances amd elevation and wind. It's all feel. Great to finally see a mobile player challenge the PC guys. 

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 3:28 AM

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 3:51 AM

This ETour are gona have lots of new faces, I believe, especially from Mobile platform.

Undoubtedly mobile players are going to be a competition to Desktop flash players n iam very much looking forward to it. Personally speaking, I find it little extra strenuous to adapt to new WGT Launcher especially the current ETour being involved in.

So probably will take time n it is never too late if you have a heart to do it :)

Having said that, at least from Round 2 Qualifications onwards, Hoping WGT will find a way to tackle the hapless WD scheme that is been happening, which obviously are troubling certain players, being a misfortune and also tearing down the spirit of this wonderful generous ETour.

Cheers to all positive changes :) 

Good Luck to everyone today as the Abu Dhabi ticket is waiting to reach the doorstep of yours ;) 

- Carl 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 5:39 AM

Not sure there's much WGT can do to prevent WD's.

I think that onus is on the player's.  i.e.  If you can't and/or have no intentions of travelling to the venue should you qualify, then use your brain and don't take a spot from someone else who would. 

There's no 2000cr for qualifying so really qualifying means nothing -- unless you plan to see it through.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 2:30 PM

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 4:50 AM

Huh? ... not sure if you're agreeing with me or not..

There's no qualifying credits to be had here...

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 3:52 PM

kavvz:

Huh? ... not sure if you're agreeing with me or not..

There's no qualifying credits to be had here...

which is why I believe a lot of players withdrew, they saw this advertised and automatically without thinking assumed they would receive 2000 cr as an ‘appearance’ fee.

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 1:13 PM

Obviously this tourney is taking place at and concurrent with the IRL tournament.

Any news yet on where we may find it to watch it on stream - or am I asking a bit early?

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 9:22 AM

DampandDusty:

Obviously this tourney is taking place at and concurrent with the IRL tournament.

Any news yet on where we may find it to watch it on stream - or am I asking a bit early?

???

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 11:22 AM

If you don't get better information:

The WGT Live Series: Preseason Invitational will be available to stream on Twitch and YouTube. 

Watch on Twitch

Watch on YouTube

Don't miss all the action, happening on 11/16 at 9:00 AM PT! 

May be worth a try on the day.

RSS