Forums

Help › Forums

12 Days of Christmas 2019: Day 2

Sat, Dec 14 2019 3:55 AM (37 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 1:55 PM
    Another carry-over - wonputtzz will be getting a new driver, compliments of birchi.
  • wonputtzz
    14 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 3:57 PM

I'll set out some milk and cookies and wait by the tree!  Thank You Birchi!!!

Opyeuclid and AlaskanDame

Thank You so much for your help and generosity in setting up and coordinating this.

Sorry for the delay.  My posts take a day to get approved.

Wonputtzz

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 5:04 PM

I can't post in the other 12 days thread so I will post here. This is only the 2nd day and I noticed  Santa's that have gifted are being gifted. Some things will never change.

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 5:12 PM
    callaghan159:

I can't post in the other 12 days thread so I will post here. This is only the 2nd day and I noticed  Santa's that have gifted are being gifted. Some things will never change.

If you are talking about SS, then that is because his gift listed by Opy stemmed from Ryder Cup leftovers. Organizer there was just trying to help us Santas from duplicating in the future by giving us list of recently gifted balls by Ryder (recent meaning in the past 2 days while DOC was running).

If you're talking about me, ALDOSCOTLAND's gift was a complete surprise. It was not requested in any way. I plan to pay it forward with a sleeve of ERC's when I see a good candidate.
  • AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 5:14 PM

Ryder leftovers have also been promised to DOC to the tune of 5000cr., so DOC is ahead all around on this.  I'm helping Ryder folks with referrals of DOC requestors.  Wonputtzz was first recipient from this angle and there will be more --- TM and under will be referred by me, except if I know a Legend has no access to videos or credit cards --- there are those in certain foreign nations.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 5:17 PM

I most certainly do not need anything, but I will ask for something for a CC mate of mine.

This guy - Citizen11  - just has plugged away with starter everything sine March of 2010 and enjoying every minute of it.

Basically, he needs everything save for the one club gifted to him previously. None-the-less, he just keeps playing WGT every day and has contributed over 5 Million CC XPs to our CC.  

He does well enough with his starter putter, but maybe some wedges or irons. 

It would be nice if a Santa came forward for him.

Any questions - ask me.

EE

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 8:33 PM

@EasyEdward

I'll send you a PM, and we'll work out the details. Based on your recommendation, I'm willing to set him up with everything he'll need. 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 9:06 PM

AlaskanDame:
    If you are talking about SS, then that is because his gift listed by Opy stemmed from Ryder Cup leftovers. Organizer there was just trying to help us Santas from duplicating in the future by giving us list of recently gifted balls by Ryder (recent meaning in the past 2 days while DOC was running).

I am not sure what you mean by this, nor do I know why my name is on the list of gift recipients.  I have been gifted nothing, nor have I requested a 12 DOC gift.  I have sent two 12 DOC gifts so far, both of which were paid for with credits from my own pocket.  

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 9:25 PM

SamSpayed:

I am not sure what you mean by this, nor do I know why my name is on the list of gift recipients.  I have been gifted nothing, nor have I requested a 12 DOC gift.  I have sent two 12 DOC gifts so far, both of which were paid for with credits from my own pocket.  

It’s just a misunderstanding, and your participation as a Santa is greatly appreciated.  Let’s take this to PM’s and not hijack Opy’s event, okay?

• RockSteady
    498 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 9:45 PM

Howdy Santa.  I have been golfing on WGT since 2009.  I have never asked you for anything because -- (1)  I had a good paying job.  (2)  Monthly rent for the river cabin I lived in was low.  When I needed to upgrade my equipment I could buy it.   (1A) Five years ago the company I worked for closed the factory and opened one in Mexico.  I got another job but make $8 an hour less.  (2A) Three years ago the river flooded and destroyed the cabin.  Landlord did not rebuild it.  Place I now rent is $120 more a month.  I do not have extra money anymore to buy new equipment.  My Nike iron set was dropped from WGT about two years ago.  I wish I had a set that is not obsolete.  I do like the Nike irons so I would love to have a set like them, which is the Callaway Apex set.    

RSS