Forums

Help › Forums

Putting camera angles

Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:24 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • uscheese
    18 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 7:49 AM

IMO the WORST part of this game is the changing of putting angles (I play mostly on mobile).  It's nearly impossible to read the breaks correctly when the camera angle swings above you or with the golfer directly in your line.  The putting angle should be directly behind the golfer on every putt like most other golf games.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 9:11 AM

the worst course is Kiawah, you get an angle view in place of the reverse view about 13 of the 18 holes.  it does make things really difficult to figure out.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 9:46 AM

pdiehm:
    the worst course is Kiawah, you get an angle view in place of the reverse view about 13 of the 18 holes.  it does make things really difficult to figure out.

That's because Kiawah was/is the first full course WGT made the game with. Thanks to the trials & errors, experiences learned there, the company now knows better which angle of and how many photos should be taken from a golf course.

I agree. Lots of angles at Kiawah are really awkward.

I wish WGT would allow us to move around the angles freely much like Green View we have in mobile version... or display the dot movement in that Green View instead of the ball drop & roll (I dunno whose idea that was but... OK... enough).

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 10:51 AM

Apparently they didn’t learn much because St Andrews (released in 2011 iirc) are still plagued with the same mistakes, albeit in smaller numbers. 

And if Kiawah was the first full course, what of Bethpage? 

• uscheese
    18 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 10:56 AM

The other thing that I'd love to see improved is a way to show height changes beyond just pin or target is 'X' feet above or below golfer.  The links series had a view on the side of the hole from the side view and what the slope up or down was.  I am constantly hitting into greens that you can't tell are back to front and spinning the ball off of the front of the green.  It would be nice to know how the green slopes besides just knowing because you've played the hole before.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 12:55 PM

The game already gives you that information, by way of the putting grid shown when you hover the aiming marker around the flagstick. Red is up-slope, blue is down-slope. 

• uscheese
    18 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 1:04 PM

I'm talking about shots from the fairway well off the green.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 1:04 PM

So was I

• uscheese
    18 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 1:11 PM

ok I'll check it next time I play...I just find the elevations very hard to read.  sometimes even when putting it will say that the slope is up 6 inches when it clearly looks like a downhill putt.  The putting has always been the worst part of this game.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 6:36 PM

uscheese:
    It would be nice to know how the green slopes besides just knowing because you've played the hole before.

When you play a green you are not familiar with, unlock the putting grid and move it around to see the general elevation changes.  Make mental or physical notes for the next time you play the green.

• PAGES
RSS