Help › Forums

Rulers, Early Release and Minimize Screen

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 11 2019 7:13 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CowboyTed
    53 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 4:12 PM

I see some of this has been talked about when I do a search nut with so many response in a certain topic ,.. I can't find the answer I want. 

Two things:

1) I use two screens on my PC. One screen has a calculator and a spreadsheet for my notes.When I click on the screen that has my notes and calculator the game screen minimizes. When I open it back up then my spreadsheet minimizes. Very annoying.

2) I use a ruler for wind calculations. I cannot place the ruler over the screen anymore when the game is open.

Any answers??

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 4:45 PM

CowboyTed:

I see some of this has been talked about when I do a search nut with so many response in a certain topic ,.. I can't find the answer I want. 

Two things:

1) I use two screens on my PC. One screen has a calculator and a spreadsheet for my notes.When I click on the screen that has my notes and calculator the game screen minimizes. When I open it back up then my spreadsheet minimizes. Very annoying.

2) I use a ruler for wind calculations. I cannot place the ruler over the screen anymore when the game is open.

Any answers??

I shut off full screen and the fixed the resolution to 1024X768. The screen is smaller and I get to use all my charts and ruler on one screen.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 2:14 AM

Would this help?

It enables you to maximize the game window so that it fills the screen (may not suit everyone), but the game won't disappear when you click on something else. If you have any apps that have an always on top attribute, they will then stay on top of the game. But the link I provided includes an always on top feature that you can apply to any window (except the game window).

• CowboyTed
    53 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 6:56 AM

Thank you for your replies. I am glad someone is having success.

I downloaded the Early Release version for PCs and I am unable to do any of the above except exit full screen and reduce the resolution. As soon as I click on ANYTHING else outside the game window it minimizes. I noticed in Young46's video he had same problem.

I have none of the minimize, close or maximize buttons as in a browser. The program is a stand alone program. If there is a way to do this with a browser PLEASE HELP

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 8:22 AM

I have my resolution set to 1024X768. I have no problem with it minimizing .

You can use the windows key to get to the desktop. The screen on the app is a browser

• silpalit
    16 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 8:25 AM

dont use it Please(use items in  wgt shop for sale only)

:)

• CowboyTed
    53 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 4:29 PM

silpalit:

dont use it Please(use items in  wgt shop for sale only)

:)

What in the world does that mean? 

THIS IS A WGT program

• CowboyTed
    53 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 4:31 PM

DonCaron:
    You can use the windows key to get to the desktop. The screen on the app is a browser

The app I downloaded from the WGT link is NOT a browser. Are you using a PC or other??

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 4:33 PM

CowboyTed:

What in the world does that mean? 

THIS IS A WGT program

LOL. I think that was an oblique reference to the subject of what's acceptable to use that isn't for sale in the Pro Shop. Been an ageless complaint and apparently will live on.  

You're good.  ;-)

• CowboyTed
    53 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 5:26 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED TEMPORARILY

Ok,... here is a bug in this program. As stated I use 2 screens. 1 for gaming and the other for information. I decided to eliminate the extra screen and only use 1 and WAH LAH problem solved. However it should not be that restrictive. But now there is a place to start!!

• PAGES
RSS