Forums

Help › Forums

Mobile Game Play

Thu, Dec 12 2019 12:54 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Miaski0
    88 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 6:19 PM

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing a lot of inconsistencies during gameplay on the mobile app. It seems like wind and elevation have been extremely off the last few weeks for me. I haven’t changed any clubs, I’m using the same ball I have always used, and I haven’t changed my apparel in months. It seems extremely off during online coin rooms. 

• BronxBarrons154
    23 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 9:14 AM

I pretty much play Ranked or the free weekly/monthly tournaments.  In those venues the wind appears normal.  In the recent Snowed In Showdown, the wind was definitely off for me.  20+ mph crosswinds did practically nothing to the direction of my ball.

• Miaski0
    88 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 8:03 AM

Perfect example:

Just played a LV 108 Legend in Tokyo. Par 4, 303 yards, 48 feet uphill, 4-6 MPH crosswind. He used a LV 86 Rouge Sub Zero 3W with LV 80 TP5 balls. Tee shot less then 1 foot from flag with no bounce or roll just dropped from sky. The clubs distance is 240. There’s no way with any clothing or ball that would make that club fly 302 yards.  

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 9:46 AM

Shh...be careful going there or someone’s going to pull the “conspiracy theorist” out of their hats again. 

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 10:07 AM

The VEM has been very strong lately,LOL!

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 10:45 AM

Miaski0:

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing a lot of inconsistencies during gameplay on the mobile app. It seems like wind and elevation have been extremely off the last few weeks for me. I haven’t changed any clubs, I’m using the same ball I have always used, and I haven’t changed my apparel in months. It seems extremely off during online coin rooms. 

It's been very noticeable since the last 3 downtimes.  Evidently it's spuratic, cuz you're going to get a number of responses stating " mine plays just fine".  A number of people have noticed this.   Good luck

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 1:53 AM

Miaski0:

Perfect example:

Just played a LV 108 Legend in Tokyo. Par 4, 303 yards, 48 feet uphill, 4-6 MPH crosswind. He used a LV 86 Rouge Sub Zero 3W with LV 80 TP5 balls. Tee shot less then 1 foot from flag with no bounce or roll just dropped from sky. The clubs distance is 240. There’s no way with any clothing or ball that would make that club fly 302 yards.  

Note to self...

stay out of Tokyo 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 9:32 AM

Miaski0:
    here’s no way with any clothing or ball that would make that club fly 302 yards.  

Yes it's sad but true... a maxed out 3wd even lower level club and a good ball can fly 300y...the only thing I would double check... especially if you are on Wolf Creek where dog legs and elevation is more prevalent... sometimes the yardage stated is not the same as the yardage to the hole... the course plays shorter and apparel makes the course even shorter than normal, especially if you end up on forward tees.

Sometimes you even have to dial back a 3wd to avoid going long on those short par 4's, especially if wind is helping.  But that is coin games and apparel for you...

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 1:01 PM

Miaski0:

Perfect example:

3W shirt either max or SE at level 10 will have the 3W max add 18 yards.

im assuming this is #12 Chambers? listed yardage is wrong to the hole. this~is often true of par 4s from the teebox. they are sometimes measuring to center of green not the flag.

Or if it's a dogleg the yardage is fairway yardage not direct path to flag. Like that one on Wolfcreek with the steep green. (actually now i think this might be the hole you meant)

Anyway that Chambers actually plays 293 yards. If it's not that one then as i said move the marker to the flag itself and you'll get the real distance. 

Also Tee shots with 3Ws will travel in air ~ 8-10  yards longer than listed yardage. (minus wind effects)

also if it is that big dog leg right at WC where we hit it over the hills. the wind at the tee is for aiming down the middle of fairway.  when we aim that far to the right a left to right crosswind now is adding more tail to it.

• Miaski0
    88 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 2:24 PM

Oakmont #17

• PAGES
RSS