Forums

Help › Forums

New idea for WGT & Country Clubs to explore.

Sun, Dec 15 2019 3:56 AM (9 replies)
  • Patsybaby
    119 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 12:09 AM

What I dislike most about country clubs is the fact that WGT take 20% of all tournament fees including brackets.

It annoys the hell out of me, for example we cough up 25 credits for a bracket, and the purse should be 400 credits, but no, WGT take 80 of them for no reason at all. They do nothing to promote or help the bracket.

I propose ( and you can lend your support by posting here ) that WGT drop their take from CC comps and instead , allow the owner to take a percentage, maybe not 20%, as that is plain greedy, but say 10%, and the rest goes to the participants.

The owner would then have the option of ploughing his proceeds back into his club and for the benefit of the members in a non partial way.

C'mon WGT, do the right thing and stop robbing the CC's unnecessarily.

Pat

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 3:21 PM

+1  !!!!  As an owner myself I couldn't agree more!!... I would use those credits to award balls in a monthly club event to our members anyway so in turn WGT would actually reap the benefits even more???

JD

• Jill1989
    79 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 6:53 AM

Lol, it's called the WGT tax.  They tax everything...club tournaments, coin rooms and the fact you have to use a club pass in order to participate in turf wars or clashes.  Most passes used in the latter two, I would bet, are purchased and not the freebies.  So, in affect, a tax! And a stiff one at 37 CRs each. 

Oh, and let's not forget...ever set up a "club set of the week" tourney.  You cannot do those with "free entry".  The minimum is 5 CRs to your members and then, of course, WGT gets their cut.  Or their "taste".  Lol.  

Running a club, if you want to do it right and what's the "new legal", i.e. no farming, can be very costly with real dollars, so yes it would be nice to get a little profit here and there to either reward members or recoup a little of your own investment. 

But...more frustrating than the tax, to me, is the little control we have over our own CCs.  

Yes, we can designate directors, veterans and regular members and what each status is allowed to do, but I would like that refined a little more, especially when it comes to Super Passes in club clashes.  Also it would be nice if club owners could have a little more control over who can start a club clash or turf war.  We tried to boycott the last clash, but as any yahoo can hit the clash button we still found ourselves in a few clashes.  

And this is probably the most frustrating of all...Super Passes!  Club owners have very little control over who uses these unless they cut them off to larger groups of members.  Who wants to do that...we want to win clash battles. 

It would be nice if we could designate by member and not club status who has access to Super Passes.  And it would be even nicer if we knew who's using the Super Passes.  As it is now, all we can do is guess.  

As invaluable to clashes as SPs are, club owners should be able to determine who's using...whether it be correctly and efficiently or the reverse...ineffectively, wasting or just the ultimate crime BURNING!  Using an SP without taking a stroke out of some sense of maliciousness.  And people do this, I know...it's happened at my club and other clubs I know of.  

I don't know why we don't have those simple features.  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 1:46 PM

(long rant over Clashes and Superpasses snipped)

Jill1989:
    I don't know why we don't have those simple features.  

Simple: The way it is, it works well for their benefit, selling balls and passes by creating a hype around CC levels and CC competition - no other objective visible.

• callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 3:33 PM

Jill1989:
    Lol, it's called the WGT tax.  They tax everything..

I am probably wrong but this tax could be funding the RG'S. You know,  the tournaments you enter to win credits if you can shoot in the 50's.

• Willco60
    95 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 11:38 PM

I’m all for it, also an owner. It would be nice to know you could recoup some of your expenses. I would like to make a comment about my super pass experience since it was brought up. I spent my day changing permissions so the super passes didn’t all get used up in one clash, but sure enough I left my post for a few minutes and low and behold came back and there only two passes left, which I quickly snatched up for later.  My club did great in that clash but lost the next one. I would sure like to see a change there so us owners have control over who gets to use them.

My biggest bone of contention besides the balls, is the poor communication system at WGT.  I have setup a great chat room for my members, but getting them there is the challenge.  It’s pretty funny and expensive since I send gifts with notes attached, but of course only on the desktop can you send a note long enough to explain something.

So, yes getting something back would be great start to the list of ongoing challenges us owners face.

Willco

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 9:11 PM

They should pay us to play too.

LOL. 

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 12:13 AM

Foooze:

They should pay us to play too.

LOL. 

Ha! I actually laughed out loud when I read this. Thank you.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 3:40 AM

callaghan159:

Jill1989:
    Lol, it's called the WGT tax.  They tax everything..

I am probably wrong but this tax could be funding the RG'S. You know,  the tournaments you enter to win credits if you can shoot in the 50's.

You probably are.

While some win credits in RG's the initial overall loss is 20% there too.  Wgt get 20% of the entry fees and the ball usage.

In general this idea that players pay to play through rg's is over stated.  Yes some win enough to buy all their equipment and maybe even the occasional gift card, but really it's a very small percentage of players.  How many can enter rg's and know that most times they'll finish in the top 10?  Less than 10 anyway ;-)) 

The 10 that win are generally those that win a lot so the majority of the credits go to them and what can they do with them?  Gift cards are probably most popular with the bigger winners, so now  the credits that were purchased at 100c to the $ are cashed in at 660c to the $.

Probably more annoying to wgt is people like Birchi (and you) giving stuff to folk who would otherwise use money to buy it, he should be saving for vouchers! ;-))  

I don't think rg's need CC tournaments funding them.

• JimQ916
    9,914 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 3:56 AM

The way our CC designates who can use the SP's is, the day before a Clash starts, move all of our Recruits to a Member, then I designate 2 Veterans as Recruits...all you have to do in the CC Tools is to change the permissions to allow your Recruits to access them...just "Recruits / Directors". Every one of our Veterans know how many SP's are allocated to them (I send PM's them PM's). After the Clash ends I just move the actual Recruits (who I made "Members") back to Recruits and the 2 actual Veterans (who I made Recruits) back to Veterans. Our CC is a Level 8 at the moment so we're allotted only 10 SP's to start with, and along with the 2 given every Clash, gives us 32 total. I let all of our Directors use 5 each of them and the 2 designated "Recruits" 3 each.... 31 total....I give the leftover 1 to whoever I think will help us (usually 1 of our Directors or Veterans who already have access to them already) after the 8th - 9th Clash. This might not work for your CC but it's the fairest / best way for my CC....everyone knows how we do it and I've received no negative comments about it. It also gives our members a very small incentive to reach Veteran status. That's all I got....Jim

RSS