Help › Forums

Tips for a better experience

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 13 2019 10:16 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 8:43 AM

You`re a L102 Tour Champ and yet you complain ? If you were to take the time and watch a real golf tournament then you would see the game replicates it very well . Although the game does have its issues it has kept you playing it for the last 6 years . So there must be something about it that keeps you coming back .

Watch the Presidents Cup over the weekend . You will see not only how well the game resembles real golf . You will also see the best golfers in the wold mis hit shots some long and others short . You will also see them miss a ton of putts and misread them as well . You will also see how the wind gives them fits and causes them problems to .

Bottom line if the best in real life cant always play the perfect game then why should you . Golf is the most aggravating game that you will ever enjoy playing , this game included .

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 9:07 AM

lonniescott711:
    Watch the Presidents Cup

You mean like watching Dustin Johnson drive the par 4 330y green only to miss the 3.5 foot eagle  putt?

lonniescott711:
    Bottom line if the best in real life cant always play the perfect game then why should you

If pros could count dots, and dial in exact yardages on wedges and approach shots... something like I am going to hit my LW 83% FBS … I have zero doubt scoring on the tour would be even lower than it is now.  

In WGT world, we have an absurd degree of precision so our expectations go up exponentially... very few people play for par golf knowing par is a good score on a very difficult track... 

But you are "dead solid perfect" on how aggravating the game can be...  there is also a nice little read called "Extraordinary Golf: the art of the possible" by Fred Shoemaker that I found to be helpful with my mental approach to the game.  

Either way, it is still a game... to borrow from another movie --- What I'm talking about is a game... A game that can't be won only played... -- bagger vance

• craigswan
    30,805 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 12:27 PM

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,465 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 3:20 PM

Oh, no... Jim's gonna waste another 10 minutes staring at it. ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 4:12 PM

LMAO

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 3:22 AM
    there are small inconsistances in the game....like real golf....1 notch less off spin can add yds or take away.....it is a game of millimetres.....nobody can be that consistent to hit a perfect yardage all the time,,,,,the game plays very fair and accurate in my opinion......damm if i could putt like youngy or mags id shoot mid 50s everytime i play ....the only problem with this game is the players themselves.....
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 4:53 AM

While Girn has some complaints, justified or not, the message is clear: you will enjoy the game more if you lower your expectations.

In real life, wind changes direction and gusts. In real life it might rain (or even snow) and that makes it harder to play golf and expect to break par.

In real life greens are not always mowed exactly the same every day. Grass even grows or drys out during the day.

There is one water hole that I play where I use an old, scuffed ball, and I make the green every time! And then I use a nice new ball, and you can  guess the results.

I talk to the local pro, get tips, pay for lessons, buy better equipment and still can't lower my handicap.

There are days when my local course has closed due to unplayable conditions.

Girn is certainly calling it as he sees it and he's right on the money when he talks about the game of golf. It is frustrating and I keep having to reach into my pocket to buy a round after I play with several of my friends. Naturally they each buy a round but that's what friends who play golf do.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 10:16 PM

lonniescott711:
    Watch the Presidents Cup over the weekend

I'm enjoying watching it.  Just great golf

• PAGES
RSS