Forums

Help › Forums

Punch Shot Help

Fri, Dec 6 2019 7:02 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Fri, Dec 6 2019 7:02 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, it is primarily on the check spin and flat settings that the ball will spin back. I use those two options in the upper yardage ranges as called for by the shot data matrix I am using. But, as stated above, it is a random occurrence; sometimes it will motor back other times the ball will stick and only on flat greens and only on shots hit from the fairway does the backing up occur. From what I am hearing, I believe I will remap the 48 - 51 yd punches using just FBS and see if that produces a more consistent result at those distances.

YankeeJim - yes, well aware of the effects of BS on full shots with my Cleveland wedge. I used it one time on a 50 yd shot to green at PB right after I acquired the club. Actually it was my second shot with that club. That ball is still rolling.... Also like you, I use that wedge for pitches 20 yds and under, but I have never looked at mapping punch shots above the 60 degree wedge (other than using the punch like a knock down shot with an iron from the tee in high winds)

• PAGES
RSS