Forums

Help › Forums

New Functions, Events, Updates, and Load Times

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 5 2019 6:20 PM (3 replies)
  • Tacoma802
    400 Posts
    Tue, Dec 3 2019 9:25 AM

Through my own observations and those of a variety of other mobile users, the mobile platform seems to be extremely slow lately. Extremely slow = extended load times (both with app navigation and during play) along with repetitive loading error prompts.This lethargic performance seems to coincide with a multitude of recent updates, added functions, and added events.

More does not always equate to better, especially when it comes at the expense of quality (however WGT may be perfectly content with lower product quality if it drives moderate increases in profit margins).

I’d be interested if the same extended load times and loading error prompts are being experienced by mobile users outside of the moderate sample I have spoken with. Any feedback would be appreciated as long as it is respectful and constructive.

~Taco

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Dec 3 2019 9:54 AM

Tacoma802:

Through my own observations and those of a variety of other mobile users, the mobile platform seems to be extremely slow lately. Extremely slow = extended load times (both with app navigation and during play) along with repetitive loading error prompts.This lethargic performance seems to coincide with a multitude of recent updates, added functions, and added events.

More does not always equate to better, especially when it comes at the expense of quality (however WGT may be perfectly content with lower product quality if it drives moderate increases in profit margins).

I’d be interested if the same extended load times and loading error prompts are being experienced by mobile users outside of the moderate sample I have spoken with. Any feedback would be appreciated as long as it is respectful and constructive.

~Taco

Yeah, I’m on mobile, and the game gets stuck on me several times on a single hole match, and need to exit out and reopen. I know it’s not my internet, my Mbps is 300, and I play on iPad Pro. Like you said, must be the system updates, but it’ll get better, just a little patience.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Dec 5 2019 5:11 AM

SlickHunter:

Tacoma802:

~Taco

Yeah, I’m on mobile, and the game gets stuck on me several times on a single hole match, and need to exit out and reopen. I know it’s not my internet, my Mbps is 300, and I play on iPad Pro. Like you said, must be the system updates, but it’ll get better, just a little patience.

I’ve been unable to complete matches due to slow loading or freezing.  I’m sure they’re doing their best to resolve this for us.

• Sam19572
    924 Posts
    Thu, Dec 5 2019 6:20 PM
    I hear ya Taco, Strange things have been happening on mobile since WGT’s last 2 updates. Along with longer wait times I’ve also been having settings change themselves on the Options menu.
RSS