have no control on my swing meter

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 5 2019 8:34 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Dec 5 2019 5:29 AM

Breeze49:

if preinstalled you shouldn't have a problem. Purchased this pc in 2015 with win 10 preinstalled and had no problem with wgt. it's only since reinstalling a new win 10 that I have problems..to another poster..yes, my mouse/pointer is also herky jerky and hard to control on other uses,  Have changed mice and mice settings, new mouse pad and nothing helps...haven't tried wireless yet.

Have you tried a different port. Plug your mouse into a different usb port.

If you have a laptop, Disable the pointer on the mousepad and try that.

Go to Settings>Devices>Mouse  and on the right you will see aditional mouse settings, click that.

Now check the box that says disable internal pointing device when usb mouse is attached. Click Apply and OK

• Breeze49
    10 Posts
    Thu, Dec 5 2019 8:34 AM

thanks for suggestions....have tried every usb port I have, no change.  also disabled internal pointing device..no difference.

Am surprised that WGT doesn't have a staff of IT people to deal with these types of issues.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Dec 6 2019 6:39 AM

ScottHope:
    On an OS re-install there may be some updates going on in the background which might cause your meter to be 'herky-jerky' until they are done.

It could also be another program (or programs) running in the background on your PC that is chewing up CPU cycles and causing the meter stutters, eg. Malwarebytes, anti-virus scans, Outlook / email, etc.  Or it could be a web page you have running in another browser tab... some sites, like news sites, do auto-refreshes of their content periodically.  Those are a couple other things you might want to check.

• PAGES
RSS