Help › Forums

have no control on my swing meter

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 5 2019 8:34 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Breeze49
    10 Posts
    Mon, Dec 2 2019 2:04 PM

Help.  Had to reinstall my windows 10 os.  Since I did that, I have absolutely no control over my swing meter.  Tried different settings on mouse (wired, optical),,, no help. At wit's end about the situation.  Any suggestions appreciated.

• KingSak
    49 Posts
    Tue, Dec 3 2019 12:33 PM

I have Win Vista on a 10+ y.o. PC but just ordered a new Win 10 PC and very concerned that it may not let me get WGT. I hope an answer is posted in case I have problems.

Good luck my friend.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Tue, Dec 3 2019 2:29 PM

Are you saying that the meter doesn't stop when you click?

• Breeze49
    10 Posts
    Tue, Dec 3 2019 3:26 PM

yes. once at the far left, it will move right, then make a stop (at different points, depending on the shot) then shoot all the way to the far right. I can't stop it where I should be able to. Very herky jerky and seemingly random.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Dec 3 2019 3:34 PM

ScottHope:

Are you saying that the meter doesn't stop when you click?

This - and can you initiate the swing?

Does your mouse work for other applications?

I know you said you checked the settings - check the mouse settings again.  I just replaced my mouse because the click was becoming unpredictable.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2019 12:47 AM

On an OS re-install there may be some updates going on in the background which might cause your meter to be 'herky-jerky' until they are done.

As Doc intimated, try another mouse if you can, or replace the battery if it's wireless.

@KingSak, I can't imagine why a new Win10 pc would not let you play WGT, so you should be okay.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2019 4:08 AM

ScottHope:

On an OS re-install there may be some updates going on in the background which might cause your meter to be 'herky-jerky' until they are done.

As Doc intimated, try another mouse if you can, or replace the battery if it's wireless.

@KingSak, I can't imagine why a new Win10 pc would not let you play WGT, so you should be okay.

Also if it is a wireless mouse check the location of your receiver. It could be misaligned and not receiving the signal from your mouse properly, 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2019 4:20 AM

Breeze49:

yes. once at the far left, it will move right, then make a stop (at different points, depending on the shot) then shoot all the way to the far right. I can't stop it where I should be able to. Very herky jerky and seemingly random.

Try a wired mouse and see if that works. I have 2 W-10 Computers and I had no problem installing or otherwise with the game.

I do have a wired game mouse though

• Breeze49
    10 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2019 9:04 AM

if preinstalled you shouldn't have a problem. Purchased this pc in 2015 with win 10 preinstalled and had no problem with wgt. it's only since reinstalling a new win 10 that I have problems..to another poster..yes, my mouse/pointer is also herky jerky and hard to control on other uses,  Have changed mice and mice settings, new mouse pad and nothing helps...haven't tried wireless yet.

• Breeze49
    10 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2019 9:16 AM

yes. can initiate the swing and draw it to the appropriate swing starting point on the scale but when I release it it basically does what it wants to do,not what I want it to do.

• PAGES
RSS