Forums

Help › Forums

CLASH #113 - Cornucopia Tee Markers

Fri, Dec 27 2019 11:59 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Caddyknowsbest
    731 Posts
    Sun, Dec 1 2019 6:07 AM

Hi  .....  I have a question .......  the clash lasts for 48 hrs & each  round is 4 hours. To me, that means a max of 12 rounds that can be squeezed in( if you're lucky not  having to wait 5-10 minutes while wgt searches for another opp.)  How can a team have a record of 9 wins// 2 losses  after only 40 hrs? In my  math class I was taught that 11 times 4  equals 44.....  even have a screenshot  if you don't believe me .......  I'd appreciate an answer  ..........

• AlaskanDame
    18,869 Posts
    Mon, Dec 2 2019 6:23 PM
    Caddyknowsbest:
    How can a team have a record of 9 wins// 2 losses  after only 40 hrs?
    WGT calls that a "display error," and says no club ever has more than 11 matches in Clashes. Those numbers just aren't correct. . . .way too often.
  • jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Mon, Dec 2 2019 6:32 PM

To follow up AKD, clash posted records are notoriously inaccurate.  9-2 record inside 40 hours is impossible.  11 matches is the max.  But even within that, the computer is often wrong on match record.

We had a posted 4-5 record when our actual score was 5-4.  

So far, I have not detected inaccuracies in scoring.  Just how W-L records gets posted is beyond me.

Tom.

• AlaskanDame
    18,869 Posts
    Mon, Dec 2 2019 8:09 PM
    A further wrinkle, Tom: I have noticed that the W-L record on my PC often does not match the W-L record showing for the same round/club on my iPad/mobile.
  • Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Tue, Dec 3 2019 7:24 AM

bossbird:

We are a club of just two people finished 73rd , and massive effort, want to thank my director , who also works full time , whereas I am stay at home ! We had ,2x par 5, 2x Erin, 4x pinehurst and 3 x pebble beach. But I enjoyed this clash the least , all the courses were very difficult , we are both reasonable legends with great clubs and pretty good balls , putting was awful strong winds nearly always against or side , in the 34 rounds I played I only had one round where the wind came from behind. ( no crack  jokes please) ! What lower tired players thought of it I would love to know , do they enjoy it ? Starting to wonder why put in all this effort , lack of sleep , when the enjoyment goes. 

Well Bossbird, you inspired me for a name of a CC so I created one.  For anyone that feels all they do is survive the Clashes, please excuse the decor, I haven't done much of anything yet    LOL

• BirdieLady9
    2,454 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 11:38 AM

Interesting......just finished playing a cc that has a record of 6 wins and 6 losses....with 12 hours and 20 minutes left in the clash....that means there is a possibility they get to play 15 clash matches ? How can that be when the event is only 48 hours and each match lasts 4 hours ? No way that computes .

Also given a anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes to find an opponent....the maximum amount of games would be 11.......how can a CC play 15 ??

Patti :)

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 11:59 AM

• PAGES
RSS