Forums

Help › Forums

CLASH #113 - Cornucopia Tee Markers

Fri, Dec 27 2019 11:59 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlaskanDame
    18,957 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 10:18 AM
    Courses are Pinehurst, Erin, BofPar5's, and Pebble Beach. Greens are tournament 12. Wind is moderate. Have some fun!

For your reading pleasure, here is (most of) what I posted in my Club Forum:

WGT actually expects participation in a Clash today. Can you believe it?

Good GRAVY! They must be out of their GOURDS, I YAM very surprised and CORNfused. They could have skipped this week and thereby changed the cycle that looks like it will also include Christmas and Boxing Day, too. An ABUNDANCE of STRAW in their heads, I’d say.

GIVE THANKS that [I will not be doing a round by round play by play today], folks. . . In GRATITUDE for the FRUITS of our labor throughout the past year, I want all members to take the day off in order to FEAST convivially and to PUMP their KIN about what they APPRECIATE most in their lives (whether you celebrate this holiday or not).

May your conversations today be OVERFLOWING with a PLENITUDE of good thoughts and may your next year contain a WEALTH of BLESSINGS!

I intend to be sitting at a table with a TURKEY on it. Those who want to can be at the VEGE-TABLE. I anticipate that all will enjoy a PROFUSION of PIES.

Background music will be provided by this golden oldie. Enjoy!:

Alice's Restaurant - Original 1967 Recording - YouTube
  • TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 11:16 AM

And a very Happy Thanksgiving to you !

And as a follow up for Alice's Restaurant, after dinner, I will go outside "In The Garden Of Edan"  ( title that was sometimes mistaken for the correct one)  and listen to the entire 17:02 of …..

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 10:05 PM

It actually never occurred to me they would start one today, lol.

Anyway, 4 PB B9's and 1 BOP5 in first 5 matches.  Pebble stinks in high winds.

Tom.

• seniorbruno
    714 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 6:16 AM

jacktrade51:

It actually never occurred to me they would start one today, lol.

Anyway, 4 PB B9's and 1 BOP5 in first 5 matches.  Pebble stinks in high winds.

Tom.

I can smell it from here.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 4:21 PM

I have played thirty rounds so far , with one final match to play if I can be bothered I have to say it’s been the least enjoyable for me for ages . The winds have always been against , you can’t reach par four in two shots with great clubs and half decent balls from the legend tee or wherever it is we play from and all the courses have been a nightmare for putting . Continue like this and the tennis and snooker games are starting to look more attractive. 

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 10:56 PM

jacktrade51:
    Anyway, 4 PB B9's and 1 BOP5 in first 5 matches.

On Friday, we saw 2 more BOP5 and 3 PH2 and 1 EH.  So, total was 3 BOP5, 4 PB, 3 PH2 and 1 EH.  No Erin and Pebble on Friday, so Black Diamond GC did much better on Friday.

Why we have high winds in clashes is beyond me.  

Also, my perennial gripe with (not so) new scoring system.  I will acknowledge the talent when one player shot 35, 34, 32 with sp's, then followed with 34 and 36 on BOP5.  But they had only 2 players play.  They nearly won the match because they had the top 3 rounds.  The team had top 3 scores with 4-6x multipliers and highest birdie %, highest GIR % and highest sand save % locked up.  If we hadn't won long hole-out, long putt, and most feet made in putts … we could have lost it.  There was a similar problem in a 2nd match.

Tom.

• BirdieLady9
    2,454 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 11:27 PM

What we want to know is why the courses were supposed to be Pebble / BO5 / Pinehurst / Erin......and all DDI played was Erin and Pinehurst ......and we played 11 clashes !  So tell us why we got ripped off...Please  !!!!

Patti :)

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 2:22 AM

We are a club of just two people finished 73rd , and massive effort, want to thank my director , who also works full time , whereas I am stay at home ! We had ,2x par 5, 2x Erin, 4x pinehurst and 3 x pebble beach. But I enjoyed this clash the least , all the courses were very difficult , we are both reasonable legends with great clubs and pretty good balls , putting was awful strong winds nearly always against or side , in the 34 rounds I played I only had one round where the wind came from behind. ( no crack  jokes please) ! What lower tired players thought of it I would love to know , do they enjoy it ? Starting to wonder why put in all this effort , lack of sleep , when the enjoyment goes. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 3:11 AM

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 7:56 AM

BirdieLady9:

So tell us why we got ripped off...Please  !!!!

Patti :)

Patti, I can't tell you why, but it happens.  My club has had both the long and short straw on course selection in clashes, and sometimes I have really grumbled.  No BOP5 clearly put a club at a disadvantage in this clash.  The main reason I participate in this ongoing discussion is so different clubs can compare the courses we got.

For BD, it was like 2 different tournaments … 4 Pebbles in first 5 matches, followed by Erin … then 2 BOP5 and 3 Pinehurst in the last five.  Obviously, BOP5 and PH were the easier courses this clash.

Tom.

• PAGES
RSS