Help › Forums

Unexpected distance changes to irons

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 18 2022 12:15 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 1GrimReaper1
    21 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 9:17 AM
    Hi guys As my title suggests I've had an increase by so 10% added to my irons and it's causing havoc with my game Any reason why this has happened? I'm using Ben Sherman clubs level 74 Please help
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 9:56 AM

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 9:57 AM

1GrimReaper1:
    Hi guys As my title suggests I've had an increase by so 10% added to my irons and it's causing havoc with my game Any reason why this has happened? I'm using Ben Sherman clubs level 74 Please help

One can cause that, using an apparel that increase iron distance. Other reason, sometimes distance are not consistent, I’ve noticed that too. Only way you can find out, take few practice rounds with those irons on couple of courses, and compare how they shoot. That’s what I do whenever I suspect something with any of my clubs. And if somehow, your irons are consistent with the 10% more yardage, just adjust your numbers. I know the feeling, when you think you made a perfect shot, just to see it short, or way over the green.

• 1GrimReaper1
    21 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 11:50 AM
    Duh It takes someone else to point the obvious and of course your spot on. Just wished I'd noticed before I lost 150k 😂😂😂😂 Thank you all
  • sherpa57
    3 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 12:53 PM

Ben Hogan....Ben Sherman in the UK is a clothing line.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 1:08 PM

If it's an apparel upgrade it would show in his club line up,when he selects a club! I have to throw this in there..... who the heck is ben sherman?

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 4:12 PM

actually, if you play a cc tourney, apparel isn't in effect, your yardages should go back to what ur used to. Did you change anything ,  balls?  might be it too.  

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 10:17 AM

sherpa57:
    Ben Sherman in the UK is a clothing line.

Certainly makes a quality shirt.

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 8:28 PM

I play the mobile version on iPad and was caught out by this a long time back. Now I use apparel that boosts my driver and 3W distance, but never something that impacts the irons or wedges. It's hard enough to dial those in without adding an additional factor in there.

Likewise I avoid all the "added spin" bonus, because I have no idea what it will do - and seek out passive ones like "increased sweet spot" or "increased forgiveness" so I can play normally although (theoretically, hopefully) better.

Apparel only counts in a few game modes anyway, so it's not a big advantage/issue most of the time.

• Charley483
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 2:41 PM

I noticed it showing I don't always get the full distance upgrade on the Topgolf shirt.  But I think WGT want me to think that I'm not. 

For example, my 7 iron with the level 90 Taylormade set is 177 yards with the topgolf shirt maxed out.  161 without.  Sometimes it will show I'm only getting 168 yards.  When I played at 168 I was always way too long. Hitting over the greens. 

Now I just assume I'm getting the full 177 whether it shows it or not.  And I'm a lot better with the distance now.  I do that will all the irons.  

• PAGES
RSS