Fri, Dec 13 2019 10:05 AM (104 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 6:05 PM
    Leggoman13:

Is the 12 days start on thursday december 12th,

ending on monday december 23rd ?

cheers :o)

As I understand Opy's latest post, he plans to start a new thread, so we'll know when Day 1 is then. :)
  • Leggoman13
    8,259 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 8:07 PM

CEverett12:
    What restrictions ?  I think everyone should gift whatever they want ,  No credit restrictions , No leg irons and no cuffs .  Sometimes people get 2 of the same item from different people because They don't know the other person sent the gift already .  And then they ask for something else on a different day .  Your free to do whatever you want . Gift or not .  It's up to you . 

I agree with you Casey.

On a positive note, when the 12 Days of Christmas 2019 gets going, either on thursday december 12 or friday the 13th.  The group that pick a day can do what they want, some will group together, others will go solo as they wish, and others will do it all year long. And for that I am grateful for the kind generosity and thoughtfulness of many in the community.

Lets keep it organised, lets fill the days. keep a list of the gifted to and a list of the requests. That is a very good way to avoid errors and have duplicated giftings.

Each Group that picked a day. will be running its own day, and runnings their lists as they wish. Basically, they are responsible to take care of its chosen day.

Simple as that.

So at the moment I am organising my group, will let you know soon which day we as a Group we will pick and will have fun doing it.

cheers all and remember to have fun.

:o)

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 10:20 PM

Leggoman13:

CEverett12:
    What restrictions ?  I think everyone should gift whatever they want ,  No credit restrictions , No leg irons and no cuffs .  Sometimes people get 2 of the same item from different people because They don't know the other person sent the gift already .  And then they ask for something else on a different day .  Your free to do whatever you want . Gift or not .  It's up to you . 

I agree with you Casey.

On a positive note, when the 12 Days of Christmas 2019 gets going, either on thursday december 12 or friday the 13th.  The group that pick a day can do what they want, some will group together, others will go solo as they wish, and others will do it all year long. And for that I am grateful for the kind generosity and thoughtfulness of many in the community.

Lets keep it organised, lets fill the days. keep a list of the gifted to and a list of the requests. That is a very good way to avoid errors and have duplicated giftings.

Each Group that picked a day. will be running its own day, and runnings their lists as they wish. Basically, they are responsible to take care of its chosen day.

Simple as that.

So at the moment I am organising my group, will let you know soon which day we as a Group we will pick and will have fun doing it.

cheers all and remember to have fun.

:o)

In the past I thought we were posting on the wall of the receipient YGIOIW, then post on the thread so it could be noted, thus to avoid double gifting.

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 12:01 AM

Afraid this is what the world has descended too .

Everybody now has a  - i want to be offended culture .

You see it everywhere .

Just gift what you want when you want .

easy peasy really .

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 4:38 PM

I have gone over my PM,s from all .

Some want a day and others want to pick and chose over several days , Some want to gift for one reason or another ,  and a few have stepped out , I understand all your reasons . So I am going to do the best I can .

OPY 

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 6:09 PM

Are there any that say, RUN AWAY, SAVE YOURSELF!!!

Just wondering how many really honest people out there..........

Levity folks, nothing more than real life problems, being seen through jocular glasses

Sieves the salt from the wounds, if you let it, of course

One needs the capacity for such nonsense, as well

Old  Jackson Brown song beckons

Example:

Johnny Two Shoes was gifted a putter today

Sister Sally had a bad habit, so she got a new driver

Tiny Tim was gifted talent, so don't give him any more. Still awful, may be dead...

Tinkerbell has entered rehab for pixie dust withdrawals. Gifted some weed to help her withdrawals.

Texas Dave was gifted a murder floof Image result for panther belly rub pics Last seen... Any damn place they wanted to be....

The Tin Man, a heart. Scarecrow, a brain. Lion, courage. 3 in one whammy

Major Tom, a new circuit Image result for Tiny Circuit Board

VEM9000 received a new crystal eye ball, energy efficient, greener image. Still won't open the pod bay doors

Okay folks........ You all get the pretty picture?     Structure

All that ^^^ nonsense took a full four minutes, just because I'ma hunt & pecker, on the keyboard of life

I'ma go out on a limb here....  AlskaDame, you should continue what you offered. Your disdain for me aside. Kick my fanny back to the stone age, with competent listing, as you started. I see no better candidate to do so.

Almost all my friends in life, & here, were once adversarial, not anymore...........

I'ma not buttering you up, You began, & did a perfect job of it. Don't let one eccentric whimsical, capricious harlequin, put you off what you excel at. being KIND!!

Some people that could not afford credits, invested their time. Tutoring, on a one to one, with an exalted player, in my book is the ultimate gift. The gift of time, and knowledge.

There is so much more to this, than just the pro shop full of, well, nothing as tangible as time....

I know I could use some lessons on the course in here. Had my fill of the other kind....

I digress.

What's the big hang up here? Nothing in life, worth anything, is EASY.......

Y'all don't want me at the helm, I'll give the clothes off y'alls backs..... Not to mention 1 of everything in the pro shop..... To each person

How's that grab ya? Abra, abra cadabra, gonna reach out & grab ya....

My interpretation of benevolence, is the literal meaning of it. Gifting is recompense in itself

Notoriety has nothing to do with it, thus, the shadow knows.....

Y'all can do whatever your inclined to... Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la, la la la la

So

Go, Fa la la la la yourselves ;-)

-------------------------<*{{{{{-(

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 7:56 PM

SidersBest:
    I was looking forward to it because I was hoping to do a throw-back with C.C. taking a day and gifting that day's number in gifts. There would have been a maximum set on credits spent per gift and all gifts would be given to Tour-Masters or below. 

I am thinking that SidersBest was possibly referring to this

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/205983.aspx

The above link will not work, so, copy & paste it into a new tab, and you will see what sider is talking about....

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 12:07 AM

I'll give the clothes off y'alls backs.

joe .

my hat size is 7 and three eight's.

socks - medium. I like the one's with a hole at the end .

• Leggoman13
    8,259 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 1:01 AM

andwhy67:
    In the past I thought we were posting on the wall of the receipient YGIOIW, then post on the thread so it could be noted, thus to avoid double gifting.

This is definitely a good way to do it, Spot on reminder.

Whichever way it will be handle this year. A gifted to list must be kept throughout the 12 days. Past on from day to day, from the previous thread to the next.

Best way to avoid duplication and is a precise way to keep track of the gifted items.

Some will pick a day, some will gift solo and throughout the 12 days. Many gift throughout the year. Some we know and will know. Some will remain in the shadow and will never know they did.

May it all go well and wishing you all great fun.

• Leggoman13
    8,259 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 1:26 AM

opyeuclid:

So as much as it would be nice to see all 12 days with Santa,s to take a day . If it happens thats great , if not we will still work together and make this happen .

I will start a new thread on the 12th for the 12 days  .

OPY 

Some members from the Bushwackers CC and 2 good friends Callaghan159 and Robert1893

As a group will take sunday december 22nd 2019 - day 11 (or whichever day it will be)

See you then for a great day 

RSS