Forums

Help › Forums

A Gift...2019 Andyson Memorial

Wed, Apr 1 2020 4:23 PM (172 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 8:19 AM

shing1:
    not wanting to sound ungrateful but i dont play golf anymore so i would never use it so maybe better for some else to have it if ok?

shing1-

You don't sound ungrateful at all, the ball marker is just a memento to acknowledge your participation in the event. And just so you know (without giving it away), the other gifts included with the ball marker do not require you to play golf in real life.

So...would you like to reconsider?

MC

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 1:51 PM

Copied from 12 days of Christmas thread...

Friends of mine know I don't use this site anymore except to play an odd game now and then and mainly to honour a couple members of SEL who sadly passed away recently. 

But I'm wanting to put this out there that a lad known to a lot of you on here called Chris (amateur4sure) is going through some hard times. He's the first to help anybody out and I know the twitch crew will be first to agree that he's the most friendliest bloke on here.

SEL have helped him out and I know the kind words of supprt have been greatly appreciated by him and his wife.

So for me to drag myself on here I plead Santa helps him out. 

Apologies if he has been helped as I don't read forum 

Wayne....as per pm ;-)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 6:05 PM

bubbsboy:
    I plead Santa helps him out

Please don't jump on Bubb's back here, he made a simple mistake. He saw the word "gift" and thought it was another thread.

His/my/our friend Chris is being helped in another thread.

MC

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 6:14 PM

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 10:16 PM

opyeuclid:
    Its Christmas , ask here or ask there does not matter so long as we understand the gift .

Sorry Opy, you're wrong...it does matter. This thread is about the Andyson Memorial golf ball markers. It has nothing to do with the 12 DOC.

Please stop confusing people by saying such things!

MC

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 12:26 AM

Apologies folks. I'm out of practice :-)

Now Please ignore my Santa bit.

This is regards Dennis 

Bye.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 6:40 AM

bubbsboy:

But I'm wanting to put this out there that a lad known to a lot of you on here called Chris (amateur4sure) is going through some hard times. He's the first to help anybody out and I know the twitch crew will be first to agree that he's the most friendliest bloke on here.

SEL have helped him out and I know the kind words of supprt have been greatly appreciated by him and his wife.

Prayers out to Chris (amateur4sure) and family.  I’m sure Santa and friends will do the right stuff.  🙏🏻

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 10:32 AM

gonfission:

Anyhoo, Jeff is spreading the Christmas word, LOVE. I for one feel very fortunate to have received the gift of LOVE. A better example to lead by, does not exist...

As one time adversaries, with some VERY comical posts, I would like to return the intimation...

Jeff, I would be honored to have you on my list of compadre's, buds, homie's, chums, cohort, and even a crony, when needed....

Thank you, for the kind and sincere words, you chose. A wordsmith is born......

Carry on into the unknown with your Valor. Spread it like cow flop, and watch the veggies grow. Harvest time is daily, when you face the masses with kindness

Simply, Go on with your bad (means GOOD) self Jeff...........

Merry Christmas, and good health, with unabated laughter long into your future...

Joe

To the others that helped, thanks for the opportunity again

All is good in the universe, today...

Image result for pics of thanks

------------------------<*{{{{{-(

Just a little background.

gonfission and I had A LOT of "banter" back and forth over the years. Actually it was more like "WAR",,lol. Banter is waay to mild of a word and I am sure Joe would agree.

But,,,I always knew Joe was a smart, bright, very intelligent gentleman and during those banters it would bother me that I would be acting out in such a ridiculous way. Joe would point that out to me in a very direct way,,lol. Most of the time I had nothing to respond with,,,lol.

So reading his post MADE MY DAY. 

When I received my gift from Wayne and Joe, knowing Joe was involved in the gift giving over the years it was an awesome feeling reading his card.

Joe could not have put it any better - LOVE - in any form is the greatest "natural" feeling you can feel.

I agree my friend, All is good in the universe today.

AGAIN - this ^^^^^ is what I will miss the most about this game.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 7:25 AM

Just received my Andyson Memorial mementos, an' gotta say, I'm completely blown away by the thoughtfulness and generousity of this gesture. My sincere thanks to the crew who put this all together ( Wayne, Joe, Opy, & Rich ).. Special thanks to Bill (shedlite) for organizing an' running this years' event, and to all who participated in honoring the memory of our departed friend, Dennis. With that said, these new items will join my cherished and priceless collection of WGT bling which now consists of ( in no particular order)...

Three Andyson memorial ball markers

An original piece of Joes' artwork envelope

Two vintage photo cards of where my shots all too often end up

A Birthday cake golf cart

A WGT ball cap

A photo of the gang from the Oneonta meet & greet

A vintage "Minimizer" putter

An' two new items I'm not at liberty to discuss

Needless to say, the timing was perfect, an' ya just made this ol' mooses' Christmas !

Here's wishin' you all a very Merry Christmas an' a happy, healthy, an' prosperous New Year.

Doc:)

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 4:51 PM

" and !           

RSS