Forums

Help › Forums

Players "QUITING" on me!!!

Tue, May 1 2012 8:48 PM (165 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 6:46 AM

robdelahunty:
    Dont start blaming WGT  Mr Tic,ya'll get revoked!

Oh yeah.  Oops.

Erm... sorry Mr WGT.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 11:14 AM

A couple of rules:

If you aren't willing to post a lousy score, don't play stroke play rounds with others, period.

If you are currently frustrated with your game to the point you want to throw things, don't play with others.  Yesterday, we had a player quit an alt game that was tied.  He was struggling and hit a drive into the rough, then immediately DCed, ruining the game for the rest of us.

But, not all quitting is created equally.  I went through a problem with my vid card where my comp would (I think) overheat and shut down.  It happened in game a few times, and once or twice when playing alt.  When it happened, I had to wait a minute before turning my comp back on.  I got back within 5 minutesevery time, but it was close, and on one of the occasions I think the others decided I wasn't coming back and ended the game.

• boondocks101
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 4:19 PM

Thats because the game is about as consistent as a #@!  sandwich!

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 11:21 AM

Can't really be bothered reading the whole thread so apologies if someone has said this already, but I have a different take.  

I totally understand people getting annoyed if players quit an Alternate Shot game, because it's affecting the rest of the group.  But when it's a Stroke game, quitting doesn't affect anyone else, unless the quitter is a douche and just exists the window, or quits on their own turn.  As long as people avoid doing that, nobody should be getting upset over people quitting.  What does it matter?  

I usually try and start groups of 4, because it's true that people do quit if they're having a bad round.  Heck sometimes just one bad shot and they'll quit.  But there's nothing you can do to stop it so why get so upset over it?  Nobody is signing any contracts to play the full round, and if they're "off" or their meter is draggy, why should they be obligated to spend their next hour or two of their lives playing a game they're not enjoying?

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 4:48 PM

"Bollocks" to um. There only kidding themselves. All you can do is let it go, WGT won't do anything about it,  they can't.  Stop letting it get to you and get on with your game its all that matters.

Have fun

Lucky

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 5:58 PM

I just read this whole thread and Lucky had the best post. : )

I read where quitters should be sanctioned, penalized, level points removed, etc., etc.

No one mentioned the flip side of the coin. This thread has all the people complaining about quitters. Imagine the people starting a thread that disconnected at no fault of their own and are now the ones saying how they are wrongfully being sanctioned, penalized, their level points were removed, etc., etc.

Its a fact, everyone loses their Internet connection at one time or another to no fault of their own, and/or a player who quits due to a bad shot. WGT should just make a house rule that every player would have to abide by whether a player disconnected from a multi-player game to no fault of their own or not.

It should be a fair rule for both the people who have a legitimate reason why they disconnected, or for the ding-dongs who disconnect because they hit their shot in the weeds. This is the only way to make it work for in-game disconnections in general. What's good for one, should be good for all.

The only question is, what's a fair rule?

• CasAger
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 1:54 AM

Quitters should be banned - or at least fined for disconnection or quitting from a game - I created a Skins game (my first -with low stakes - only 10 credits per hole). I got two other players to play. One American and one Italian. After three holes the American dude - a "longdigit..." fellow decides to quit because he is not playing well enough (lost three skins). Wrote "cheers" or "i am out of here" just before he disconnects. This is just poor sportsmanship. 

Then I realized I forfeited 90 credits for the Skins game which I created - yet were forced to abandon because of Mr. longdigit....

So I also I think there should be some system which penalizes quitters.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 2:43 AM

just an idea but how about when any one disconnects they cannot return to play a game until the game they were playing gets finished,sort of an unlock feature.Just think of all the players that would not come back and play?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 1:12 PM

After giving this some thought, the only alternative to the quitting issue is for WGT to just do away with everyone's average altogether. I mean, it's a meaningless average, it can't be calculated properly, and quite frankly, a lot of Hack's and Amateur's have the same average as the top 100 players in this game. And further more, for some players, averages are nothing more than a badge to look cool. What other reason would anyone have to quit in this game if it wasn't to save their average?

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 1:23 PM

i still think some sort of unlock/return  feature could be possible,depends on the programmers of course.

ttfn

RSS