Forums

Help › Forums

utilizing customization of rental clubs?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 26 2019 3:19 AM (2 replies)
  • SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 7:14 AM

I rented some clubs this morning as i search for another set of irons. I've made two big purchases for irons in the short 2 yrs on here of around 3000 credits, each time only to sell them back as they were not what i was looking for. so I got smart and rented a set this time! lol

anyway, I play mobile and use the sponsor packs for apparel upgrades, it is an enjoyable aspect of the game for me as i see it is despised by so many, but i am not seeing my customization attributes carrying over to my rental irons.  I have played different rounds using the button in settings on or off. i have seen no difference in yardage as that is always the indicator for me.

the clubs come from the pro shop at 200-110yds / 3 iron thru 9 iron

with customization button on my 3 iron is reading 214yds & the 9 is 129 

I'm playing WC random 3, practice round. I'll close the app, reopen, turn off the button and pull up the same scenario, shot & putter pal off also and they are still the same yardage.

I'm maxxed out on packs and my normal irons have a huge difference in yardage when the customization button is off vs on. 

anyone know if the rentals dont actually apply the upgrades? or vice versa. thanks

update:  I entered a tournament because I knew it would strip the apparel enhancements, which is did. 3 iron 200 & 9 iron 120

so it's clear my "normal or advanced button" does not work. kinda makes practice for tourneys impossible. I'll message WGT. thanks for all the help in the forums! 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 1:26 PM

"Bag Customization" (Normal or Advanced bag option) has nothing to do with apparel. If you have it on Normal then your 5 optional clubs will automatically be Driver, 3Wood, Hybrid, wedge, wedge. If you have it on Advanced then you can use ANY 5 club Driver/3W/Hybrid/Wedges combo in the 5 optional slots in bag. A lot of people use it to get rid of the hybrid and use 3 wedges.

If you want to get rid of the Apparel enhancements you have to go into "Edit Apparel" and under "Abilities" of each item set them to -  No Hat, No Glove, Basic Shoe, Shirt and Pants, so they all have Zero enhancement values

• SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 3:19 AM

well now it makes sense... I appreciate the reply. I thought there was a one click button to turn off apparel enhancements to practice without them but i was wrong.  thanks MarchieB

RSS