Forums

Help › Forums

Shot Meter

Thu, Dec 5 2019 9:20 AM (59 replies)
  • MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 12:22 AM
    i have been pc for many years but now i know i have to adapt.....regarding the swing meter i think its fine on the new version.....smooth and the right size to hit ding ....i play fullscreen mode without taskbar at the bottom.....ok i lose my onscreen calculator for putting but its worth it just to be able to hit the meter almost on ding......wgt have another year to get the new version even better......keep up the changes for a better new version guys....
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 4:22 AM

On the flip side, I do like the fact that you can now move the ‘top tracer’ around.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 4:57 AM

borntobesting:

The only complaints from PC players about the swing meter on the new PC version was that it was too big. So how is that asking that the swing meter on mobile be bigger?  What ever the reason for the bigger swing meter on mobile it wasn’t because PC players requested it.  
    if WGT is going to survive this we/they crap has to cease. All of us have to pull together to make the best golf game even better. Not kill it with this constant PC vs Mobile bickering. 

Totally Agree. +1

• Turalyon
    95 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 5:05 AM

Sorry to say champion but the update doesnt fix the issue with the meter. still bigger (higher)

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 7:12 AM

I personally cannot speak for everyone but I have an iPhone XS and have updated my WGT App to the latest version (1.54.1) and my meter has been changed to what I think is perfectly fine. It is the exact same width as the original one but just centered on the screen better. The height is a little more than the original but not as tall as the “Big” meter which should be a good compromise to all. 
    As well my chat has been fixed as works exactly as original and you can also now manually move the TopGolf Tracer box around the screen if it’s in your way (big thanks to WGT for this 😀) 

I can’t say that it’s fixed on all devices or apps this is just on my setup (iPhone XS)

1. Original meter
    2. New “Big” meter
    3. Newest “Medium” meter

• grossstadtkerl
    267 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 8:02 AM

I just play at the iPad and unfortunately here the swing meter looks totally different. As said I am running V 1.54.1 too and nothing has changed compared to V 1.54.0

Wolfgang

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 9:06 AM

grossstadtkerl:

I just play at the iPad and unfortunately here the swing meter looks totally different. As said I am running V 1.54.1 too and nothing has changed compared to V 1.54.0

Wolfgang

I’m also running 1.54.1 and I just noticed one thing: the meter has been shifted slightly to the left, size unchanged. As I have mentioned somewhere else, I don’t use SP or PP; rather I marked the increments on my phone case. Well for the last couple days I noticed my shots have been coming up short. Turned on SP and well here it is: my marks don’t line up with SP anymore.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 9:32 AM

fobby1980:
    I don’t use SP or PP; rather I marked the increments on my phone case.

Really?! But why?? SP & PP are given to you for free by the CC, well... any CC with L4+ as a matter of fact.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 11:44 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

fobby1980:
    I don’t use SP or PP; rather I marked the increments on my phone case.

Really?! But why?? SP & PP are given to you for free by the CC, well... any CC with L4+ as a matter of fact.

Simon, when equipping SP & PP on my phone, as the green bar moves across the segmented meter, transitioning to the blue accuracy part, it messes up my timing. Basically too many vertical lines to follow.  Keeping the meter clean helps me time my swing much better. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 1:05 PM

fobby1980:
    Simon, when equipping SP & PP on my phone, as the green bar moves across the segmented meter, transitioning to the blue accuracy part, it messes up my timing. Basically too many vertical lines to follow.  Keeping the meter clean helps me time my swing much better. 

I see.

Having multiple vertical lines doesn't bother me personally, only the excessive size (height) of the meter.

Another case of each to their own, I guess...

Play well, bro.

RSS