Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for Mac

Sun, Dec 3 2023 4:32 AM (117 replies)
  • MalleeHacka
    3,570 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2020 8:25 PM

I'm having trouble loading desktop version on my MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.3. I'm logged in as Administrator, but keep getting an error message - Access is forbidden, run patcher in Administrator mode.

I'm in Administrator mode and I've told WGT this, but am getting no help. What can I do?????

Please, somebody help me.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 7:25 AM

Downloading doesn't install the App you need to run it after downloading.Your Browser should show you what you have downloaded

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 7:26 AM

I have Imac 2017 and the install was flawless

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 8:19 AM

the putting in the new wgt game is really critical. i have a hard time making 3 foot putts. what a joke.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 8:57 AM

petrieboy:

the putting in the new wgt game is really critical. i have a hard time making 3 foot putts. what a joke.

Everyone that switched from the Flash version to PCEA experienced the shock. It has been mentioned many times. The putting on PCEA is closer to the Mobile version as opposed to Flash.

The more you play on it, the easier it will become. You simply have to adapt.

Don

• marvelous523
    1,952 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 2:09 PM

Okay my wgt brothers and sisters everytime i download the mac early access i get error message to run patcher i don't even know what their talking about can someone please enlighten me .

thanks again marvelous 523

a devote wgt player 

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 5:51 AM

I don't have a Mac, but you might be able to drill down into the program files to run the patcher manually.

Look for topgolf in your program files, inside that should be wgtlauncher, inside that you should see sppatcher, inside that I have a selfpatcher.exe file which I can run by double clicking.

If you can find your Mac's equivalent to that file, try running it manually to see if that solves your problem.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 6:30 AM

I know when I was playing around with the Mac version earlier on I had to disable SIP, not sure if this has been addressed by WGT now with respect to how they are implementing the updater.

You can enable/disable SIP as you want, you just have to restart each time you do.

Just depends on the OS version you're running.

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 5:29 PM

petrieboy:

Then change the way you play the putts.  Obviously something you are doing isnt working.  Hit them harder. Softer.  Less break. More break.  Doing the same thing over n over and expecting different results is well ya know insa.....

• Theinthepark
    1 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2020 11:55 AM

Hi Champion,

Thanks, it seems to get stuck in to loading the game, it says connection problems but there aren't any...

Ciao

Theinthepark

RSS