Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • ClowanceAndy
    372 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 5:26 PM

People moaning because they are not allowed to steal anymore, lol

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 5:47 PM

Just an overall observation regarding the new Free Credit system...

Is it just me or has there been A LOT of unfamiliar players coming into this thread to voice their displeasure?

Carry on as you were

Don

• ClowanceAndy
    372 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 5:55 PM

TopShelf2010:

Just an overall observation regarding the new Free Credit system...

Is it just me or has there been A LOT of unfamiliar players coming into this thread to voice their displeasure?

Carry on as you were

Don

lol,,,, absolutely :-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 6:03 PM

The thing that bothered me was that they were bragging about using auto clickers.

If they would use an auto clicker, what to stop them from using an Auto Ding The Braggers were all all mobile players.

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 7:23 PM

@johnkokopeliridg,if you were hammering the free credits why would wgt care if you play less???? All you whiners that are getting cut off threatening to stop playing or play less are cracking me up. You aren't generating any revenue for them anyway if you're just ripping on the free credits. So how are they going to miss you? P.S. Those two cents of yours was that a free credit vid?lmao

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 8:05 PM

DonCaron:
    The Braggers were all all mobile players.

I dont know who the people were, but i was or have understood that it included desktop computers using the mobile emulator... doesnt mean you are wrong about who bragged about it, but suspect it included pc players using mobile emulator. 

But i agree... if they would do that, they would likely also justify using auto clickers with similar flaky rational of getting back at WGT.  

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 10:21 PM

ClowanceAndy:

People moaning because they are not allowed to steal anymore, lol

Exactly.

I have never seen so many people crying about a reduction in free stuff being given to them.

WGT is a business with several revenue streams.  The primary ones we see are selling credits and packages for real money and revenue from advertisers either showing videos or in-game ads.  You see ads all the time all over the internet and those generate revenue for the host site.  Same here.

If the advertisers feel they are getting scammed by the players (not WGT), then they need a fix from WGT to improve their click-through ratio.  Simple business 101.

• terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 11:34 PM

I think that WGT has rather encouraged this unwittingly with their pricing policy. It does seem to me that no rules have been broken, because no one even envisaged it. As already mentioned in this thread the Clashes have also precipitated it, did WGT really think that there were thousands of members out there who could pay out for thousands of passes at 37 cents apiece.  

I have to say that what baffles me is that there is no control on it in the first place. If Unity are paying for each video view, are you telling me that they continued to pay for each repeated view that we all made over the months? Surely advertisers do not want to pay for any of us to view their ads a thousand times; it just is not economics. Now this was, and still is happening, even if you only view 75 per day you are seeing some ads a dozen times. 

Clashes have become untenable because people can buy success, the interest in them has evaporated in my CC for sure. 

• ronbing
    361 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 1:04 AM

I play on P/C and purchase credits, enjoy clashes so purchased Premium, whilst I have a Tablet I never play on it, have watched some videos and happy to receive anything! I t is unfortunate that cheaters have cut of a source of credits for many people who depended upon them. WGT  be real just punish the offenders.

• Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 1:34 AM

DonCaron:

The thing that bothered me was that they were bragging about using auto clickers.

If they would use an auto clicker, what to stop them from using an Auto Ding The Braggers were all all mobile players.

WGT prevent that by running an algo in the swing meter speed. The naked eye trains itself to this speed and you'll still ding it, but the ping on an auto ding means the timing is also going to be out, one day to the next. You'll need a brush-cutter as the 14th club.

But think it through, you'll need to make a macro for each increment of each swing of each club. Store then retrieve them. So I think we not worry about that.

Fact is we all have access to the resources we need to "farm" credits. However, the narcissistic owners/directors of the big clubs fund and pay/rewards members to clash/war on the back of these farms. Why, to earn themselves a GP.  To leave a legacy. These guys set up the work computers, run 8, 10 , 12 emus earning easy 1000 credits and hour. They run alternate accounts on vpn. How can the rest of us, farmers or not, compete with that. They left WGT no other option but to take this action.

But also think about this, WGT prices are in USD. Thats ok for you monkeys in USA, GB or Euro's. Think of us in the rest of the world. For every $10 you pay, I pay $14. That $180 premium Membership cost me $252. And thats Aussie dollars. 

You going to go to your wife and say I'm paying $252 for membership to a site for nothing in return. I'm certainly note. And for the record I am a PC player that uses Nox and MEMU Play to play the mobile version cause it just kicks butt over the flash version. Roll out early access

RSS