Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • msb1977
    12 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 12:59 PM

dedBuNNy:

The people farming with Nox for instance, that's who you should actually be pissed at. 

Why? It was not against the rules and WGT encouraged credit farming. Just go to the elite page and look at their offers.

$250 amazon card once every 10 days for 165,000 credits

A round at Kiawah for 600,000 credits (offers for wolf creek, celtic manor, and edgewood too)

Customize your avatar for 500.000 credits LOLOLOL!!!

There is more too.

Then look at the price tag of equipment, balls, and passes. 

The blame is 100% on WGT, not people smart enough to figure out how to automate video watching. WGT got busted by the advertisers and they were forced to make this change or lose their largest revenue stream....advertising.

• JohnKokopeliRidg
    59 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 2:21 PM

Hi folks,

only beeen playin since August so just learnin the "ropes" greens-not so much yet :)).

Dismayed last night when out of the blue I realized that the last 30-40  minutes of Playing Videos for credits was for ZERO!

Thought it was our snow storm here in Flagstaff, AZ but no... its wgt squeezing the pennies till they melt!

Figure I didn't get awarded the 120-150  credits that I had earned.

Anyway, It did, "reset" or whatever its called and I got to 30 points and locked up again.  At this rate I won't be playing much anymore.

Are you reading this WGT.  I hope so.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH.

JohnKokopeliRidg 

from the OTHER ARIZONA, above the Rim, 7,000 ft. and snowing again, ...

Great Day for WGT Golf if their free to play game was still free to play!

• ampass
    260 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 2:45 PM

I don't understand the logic cut the credit videos but release more expensive gear. I play golf and don't spend every few days 13 dollars to buy a sleeve. I ran last night credits and today i can watch them but don't receive a single one. And the offers don't work either only give your email address to company's for solicitation. I understand its a business but they get paid for each advertising we the players watch. Just tried credits again and yes on videos and no credits again.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 2:55 PM

JohnKokopeliRidg:
    Anyway, It did, "reset" or whatever its called and I got to 30 points and locked up again. 

Learn how to reset your Ad ID on your device.

• MattSutherland
    95 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 3:03 PM

msb1977:

Why? It was not against the rules and WGT encouraged credit farming. Just go to the elite page and look at their offers.

I'd forgotten about the elite page. Amazing. There's no way they didn't know. Or when the new Titleist driver rolled out and nobody flinched at 5500 credits? C'mon.

They could raise prices on gear to ridiculous heights because they knew we didn't care. We'd just farm enough to purchase. And as a result, literally everyone was winning - WGT and users included. Until they got caught. Plain and simple.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 3:07 PM

My tuppunce worth is that WGT might as well stop trying to sell silly things like skeleton apparel and turkey hats , they won’t be bought for real money, so don’t bother coming up with a Xmas outfit it’s a waste of time ! 

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 3:39 PM

One of my concerns is the Christmas in July program. I've already seen multiple players saying their gifting days will come to a close. I received a sleeve of TM balls this past July and it changed my game. I didn't think a golf ball would make that much difference, but I could not have been more wrong. Had it not been for that one deed from the kindness of a stranger, it is possible I may not even be playing this game at this point. Gifting to the less fortunate, as a whole, will be greatly reduced throughout this game. My perception of this matter is this was a knee-jerk reaction by WGT. But, it is what it is.....

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 4:11 PM

My tuppence worth is that WGT made a correct decision. 

Credit "farming" that allows a CC (owner or member) to have 7 profile activity pages for the last clash that were just full of gifting passes and balls is just plain wrong as there is no way that person actually did it the patient and correct way that Unity Ads and their advertisers wanted - watching and listening to the ads presented? 

I have turned off the sound and not really watched the videos and gotten 300 credits a day in the past, but I have to be honest and say that was only when I have clicked "watch another" when I was really watching the Seattle Seahawks play a football (American Football) game.

In a sense, a very good sense, those Sundays (well Seattle has a game on a Thursday and Monday this year as well, but most have been Sunday), I was being unfair to the advertisers on Unity and Unity itself. 

People who open multiple emulators and farm enough credits to every 2 weeks to give away 7 activity pages worth of passes and level 91+ (among other balls) can and are ruining this game. They take away the fun and challenge of it.

A Clash can be fun, a Turf War can be fun, a round with mates in Alt Shot on Discord can be fun.

What is not fun is when one finds out that multiple players encouraged by others in their CC stack the odds against you by abusing what WGT (rightly) shut down.

The question really is what is your minimum daily requirement for credits earned to keep this a free game for you?

For me it is not much. 4,500 credits a month is way more then I need.

OK I will need to cut back on my add to the pot Tour Master and Under weekly tournament in our CC - but doing that is satisfaction -  not what keeps me playing WGT.

For others if their satisfaction is finishing first, second, third or fourth in a Clash by farming credits while asleep all I can say is: put your money where your mouth is.  <A link to the origins of the phrase I used.

As always just my opinion.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 4:47 PM

dedBuNNy:
    The people farming with Nox for instance, that's who you should actually be pissed at.

That has been my feeling as well, but I have called their actions "strip-mining"  because they don't care at all about the larger community (the environment) as a whole who may have depended on videos to even play more affordable balls.  They wanted to rape and pillage the entire village without any remorse for their actions... it is gluttony.

They have hurt the WGT community... especially those on limited or fixed income or disability income.. that enjoy playing WGT.  For all we know... their obsessive - gluttonous behavior may have also played a role in driving up the cost of equipment or balls... but that is harder to ascertain.  Only WGT could confirm that, but it wouldn't surprise me...

I understand the frustration felt by those in the community who are impacted, but I don't think this group of people deserve a pass or an excuse to try and justify their behavior as being honest or legitimate.  

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 5:21 PM

el3n1:

They have hurt the WGT community... especially those on limited or fixed income or disability income.. that enjoy playing WGT.  For all we know... their obsessive - gluttonous behavior may have also played a role in driving up the cost of equipment or balls... but that is harder to ascertain.  Only WGT could confirm that, but it wouldn't surprise me...

I understand the frustration felt by those in the community who are impacted, but I don't think this group of people deserve a pass or an excuse to try and justify their behavior as being honest or legitimate.

After I posted mine 2 up and played my nightly round to come back and read this one.

I agree with the above but would add, maybe just maybe, could WGT ban those players that abused the system so badly.  Not saying ban them from WGT but ban them from getting credits from ads.

I mean come on...

Champ said they spotted players on the Ads for more minutes then were potentially available since the day they signed up to play.

Bet one of them was the person I spotted..

2 Weeks is 20,160 minutes - so at 30 seconds each how long would it take you make enough credits to hand out 7 activity pages of CC Passes, level 91 balls and other things...

Kudos WGT

Keep the game fun for all of us!

Just my opinion.

EE

RSS