Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • 3567Tim
    30 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 11:36 AM

Sooo. We will be limited on how many credits we can earn each day.  Does this mean WGT is going to lower prices so we can actually buy some of the virtual clubs and balls!  Considering that real golfing doesn’t cost as much fo balls .. This could be the beginning of the end of WGT since most people won’t over spend their money for a virtual game .. They will move on to the next best game to come along .. Its a shame WGT is deciding to screw everyone over a few that have taken advantage. I’m sure they could find the bots and boot them .    Thx for listening.. I’m sure there are a lot of poised of players right now ! 
    3567Tim 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 11:46 AM

There is a plus side of all this for me.  Seeing as I was one actually watching the videos, I did find 2 other games, that I have downloaded.  I have to admit that I'm enjoying them, quite a bit.  Downside for wgt is, that they have now reduced their income from me, by 66 %.  While I will still play wgt, it will be with less expensive balls, as soon as my titleists are gone, I'll be switching.  Therefore their net profits from me will be cut by about 70 %.   I can say thank you, wgt, for the wake up call. 

Fyi, I find it ironic, that the credits stop, at 37, coincident that a pass is 37 credits ? 

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 11:50 AM

You realize this is Top Golf making these decisions right? Top Golf doesn't care about the status of this game, certainly it doesn't matter to them if you leave or keep playing. They acquired WGT for more marketing exposure, not to further or improve the game. 

Anyone who's deluded enough to think they were going to allow people to skirt their revenue generating mechanisms is just plain stupid. The glitches and scams always get killed, anyone remember the Peanut glitch? 

The 150 limit is a little moronic to say the least, especially with the price of balls they're trying to gouge out of people, that'll come to a screeching halt no doubt except by the top players of course. 1K would be far more realistic a limit. 

Like in all case such as this people get stupid and take it to a level where it's not sustainable and for sure going to attract the attention of those involved in the business itself. The people farming with Nox for instance, that's who you should actually be pissed at. Would TG have caught this anyway and killed it?  Probably, but who knows, if it was only at a marginal scale maybe not. Never know now. 

Are they going to discount gear? Well that's a silly question, in fact I can see them upping it all across the board purely out of spite. 

It's comical either way, like seriously 200K in credits and you've never won an RG? Not sure people like that were thinking but, ya... 

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 11:54 AM

Luckystar5:

There is a plus side of all this for me.  Seeing as I was one actually watching the videos, I did find 2 other games, that I have downloaded.  I have to admit that I'm enjoying them, quite a bit.  Downside for wgt is, that they have now reduced their income from me, by 66 %.  While I will still play wgt, it will be with less expensive balls, as soon as my titleists are gone, I'll be switching.  Therefore their net profits from me will be cut by about 70 %.   I can say thank you, wgt, for the wake up call. 

Fyi, I find it ironic, that the credits stop, at 37, coincident that a pass is 37 credits ? 

Happy accident LOL 

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 11:54 AM

Luckystar5:

I believe it is 150 daily or with a 24 hr window between earning, but not 37. 

37 CR isn't even possible ... it has to be a multiple of 2 !

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 11:59 AM

MarchieB:

Luckystar5:

I believe it is 150 daily or with a 24 hr window between earning, but not 37. 

37 CR isn't even possible ... it has to be a multiple of 2 !

ok smarty, it was 38,  but still ironic just enough to cover a pass.    when I was entering this I was caught up on the idea that it covered just 1 pass at 37.   

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 12:06 PM

adrob2:

Mine appears to have reset at some time between 1 and 2 pm US EST.

Mine started a 8:00pm GMT+1

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 12:27 PM

So it seems the limit functions as a Daily Reset (like the Daily XP Bonus)

The Reset time seems to be 7pm GMT (UTC 0)

There is a 6hr time difference between Toronto, Canada (EST) and France (CET) so 2pm(EST) and 8pm(CET) are the same time

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 12:28 PM

TomasBolanos:

Foooze when your 150 credits are up, they are up.  You can watch videos but you won't gain any credits.  And you are right, I sincerely think WGT only cares about the bottom line.  After all, it is a business.

Tomas Bolanos

Tomas, I'm afraid I can't watch videos as I play on the PC.

I know that kinda flies in the face of the stated concern for fairness, but it is what it is. There's a history though, so not surprised. From "glitches" that can't be tracked down for a year or more so that everyone can qualify to buy expensive equipment, to the phantom account hacker that didn't exist, nothing new. Now players availing themselves of something allowed until it becomes a problem and the remedy applied universally. Loose interpretation of remedy. 

I think the limit notification hooey not taking during the update doesn't trump the "earn 2 credits for watching videos". Might require more than a band-aid.  

Cheers

RSS