Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 10:02 AM

Cicero733:

To the above poster who is 14 hrs plus and no credits.

i about 26 hrs plus and no credit videos.

Over the last hour I’ve watched 10, it was about this time last night I got the first 150.

So I’ve watched and nothing, have YOU been paid?

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 10:10 AM

No I have not received any credits as a result of watching the videos. However unlike yesterday I have received some credits for completing surveys. I’m only doing the surveys to see if they are still a viable option for earning credits. It’s been ages since I have used the survey option and based upon what I experienced today I doubt that I will again. Most of my surveys came with warning messages like I needed to provide my email address, turn over my VIN before the survey would begin, allow a third part app to be downloaded and activated on my device, allow the surveyor the use of my device’s webcam. Too invasive and too much personal info required.

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 10:20 AM

MattSutherland:

It's concerning that the mobile platform still allows users to endlessly watch videos along with the promise of continuing to earn 2 credits by doing so. Because based on your post, it sounds like WGT isn't severing its relationship with Unity and its advertising partners. So technically, you're still making money from ad views without following through on the stated return. That's extraordinarily unethical.

Very good point, but you seem to be under the impression that they give a damb. 

• TomasBolanos
    999 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 10:49 AM

Foooze when your 150 credits are up, they are up.  You can watch videos but you won't gain any credits.  And you are right, I sincerely think WGT only cares about the bottom line.  After all, it is a business.

Tomas Bolanos

• davidschroff
    15 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 10:52 AM

Champion,

A couple of things. I understand that there needed to be a reaction to the credit farming issue, but I think this is a significant over reaction. Let's be honest, WGT basically approved and encouraged the credit farming. The 400K credit gold putters, 300K-600K rounds of golf on down to the 5,000+ credit driver and putter as well as the 1,275-credit sleeve of balls are not really attainable without either spending a large amount of cash or credit farming (with the exception of the Clash winner receiving the gold putter). I mean, a dozen WGT virtual ProV1x balls cost more than the real ProV1x balls. And the addition of these high-end products was in part due to the large number of credits being earned. With the new restrictions (it appears that it is 150 credits every 24 hours but not confirmed), it would take 37 days to purchase the Level 102 Titleist driver or 9 days for a sleeve of the Level 101 Pro V1x balls. I think the participation in Clash & Turf Wars will be reduced by a significant percentage - the prize structure in Clash is terrible anyway, so there is no point in burning 20-40 passes and a couple sleeves when I can only earn the equivalent of 4 passes & 0 sleeves per day watching videos and 4 passes for finishing top 10 in Clash. Bottom line, I don’t anticipate participating much in either Turf Wars or Clash unless the structure changes. I have spent plenty of cash over the last few years to play this game but I will not pay the inflated prices WGT is charging in the future without a significant credit watching option.          

Additionally, the roll-out and communication on this has been terrible, as usual. At least be transparent enough to tell your customers what the parameters are, rather than encouraging guessing and rumors.

David

• RonaldReagan40
    46 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 10:54 AM

Still waiting for wgt to say how many video credits we can get per day, and when does the clock reset? A whole bunch of people (me included) keep watching videos but aren’t receiving credits. That is a really poor way of doing business, definitely unethical, probably illegal. Why are we still allowed to watch when no credits are being given? A poorly thought out Charlie Foxtrot by wgt. 

• happymt
    869 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 11:09 AM

Hate to disappoint you but yes you can watch the videos on mobile but once you've reached the limit you no longer get credits. You can watch the videos till the cows come home but you won't receive credit for them

• TomCarioca
    288 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 11:11 AM

Spot on Foooze!
    Unfortunately both WGT's intransparent information policy and the ongoing customer fraud prove you right.

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 11:28 AM

Mine appears to have reset at some time between 1 and 2 pm US EST.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 11:35 AM

It seems that as of right now it is a 150 daily limit. Whether it functions as a 24 hr No-Credit countdown timer from when you reach the 150 credit limit (similar to the CC Pass timer) or it functions as a Specified Time Daily Reset (similar to the Daily XP Bonus) is not fully know yet!!!!

While WGT has stated new limits exists, they have not clarified in any way how it will be implemented or works!!! Kind of frustrating to say the least but I've personally noticed this seems to be WGT's MO! :(

Personally I watched 75 videos and received my 150 Credits @ approx 1:30pmEST yesterday afternoon and only able to add new credits via videos @ approx 2pmEST today.

Barring WGT disclosing the full details of how this new "limit" functions I guess we will just have to monitor and record times for a few days to see what patterns emerge.

RSS