Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 5:04 AM

150 ‘free’ credits a day, that’s 1050 a week, again ‘free’ at least we are being given the option to play for nothing. Maybe the players that are leaving are the ones that abused the system in the first place, credit mining etc. for their beloved and cherished clash and turd wars.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 5:34 AM

andwhy67:

150 ‘free’ credits a day, that’s 1050 a week, again ‘free’ at least we are being given the option to play for nothing. Maybe the players that are leaving are the ones that abused the system in the first place, credit mining etc. for their beloved and cherished clash and turd wars.

They want WGT to pay for their yeah beloved TW and Clash games. 

• BirdieChaser2
    533 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 5:44 AM

Thank you.  I have successfully completed a few.  Even those are not without an issue.  Most of the time I am not qualified. But I understand that. They are looking for certain buying traits.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 6:26 AM

BirdieChaser2:
    Almost without exception the 150 daily limit has changed players interaction with WGT.  Some are finding alternate network games (poker, pool, archery...) to fill their competitive drive.  Still more are using cheaper balls to reduce cost to play.

You have 209 WGT friends and I presume you are speaking for/about them, which is fine. The free credit videos or absence of them have had zero impact on my interaction with WGT, so maybe I am that 'exception' you mentioned, or maybe there are more than 209 other players on WGT whose experience is different than yours.

However valid (or not) the point you are trying to make might be, I cannot take it seriously when you make sweeping statements that are necessarily based solely on an individual's strictly limited perspective of the game.

I'm not trying to be unpleasant, it just rankles with me when someone makes a statement that purports to include nearly everyone on WGT, and I see it quite frequently.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 7:23 AM

andwhy67:

At 1050 Video Credits a week, you can get 4 packs of Calloway's. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 8:38 AM

ppftt.. so much whining...

i bet most of the whiners about the cost would have no problem with a $50 bar tab at least once a week. 

or the money they spend every week on beer or soft drinks or cigarettes or junk food. Or eating lunch out every day.

WGT is cheap entertainment. You spend much more on just about everything else in life. Cut something  else out if $50 a month is too much. I guarantee you're blowing it on something not all that important.

• doozemaz
    60 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 9:11 AM

I would spend $60 on a PS4 video game like it was nothing.  I consider this game to be of the same ilk.  I had to stop playing PS4 because the movements and improved technology of the game was causing my head to spin and Nausea (Yes I'm getting old) so $50 once a year on this game is nothing IMO.  Plus, 150 CR a day is still something.  Just my 2 Cents.

Doozemaz

• BirdieChaser2
    533 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 2:40 PM

Did not mean to rankle.  Actually, I play more "random" players than friends.  So it is wider population.  However, I admit they are mobile players, not PC.  With tha that  said I am certain I as m not the only one noticingthe impact.  It's that old pyramid.I know someone and they know someone.  Not limited to.my circle.  In the end if the majority of customers dont mind then WGT will thrive.  If a number (even just 20%) change playing and buying pattern WGT would be wise to listen to their market.   .I have no idea what their numbers are showing...just what hear and observe.

• BirdieChaser2
    533 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 2:41 PM

Old men like me need slower meter.  Lol

• BirdieChaser2
    533 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 2:49 PM

I reread my original post.  You are correct.  My statement was too broad brushed.  It is based on  my experience and relatively small number of people I  play against  ( when you consider WGT says millions play).  My generality does weaken my position which was intended more to express a concern to WGT based on players I meet.

RSS