Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 7:26 AM

andwhy67:

DonCaron:
    They knew players were doing it and they all had a great run, Back to reality now.

agreed, had enough now of who’s to blame!

X 1000         We will see if everyone puts their actions where their mouth is. (or just blowing off steam)  Be interesting to see how this clash goes, espically being over the holiday,  lol. ( great business decision, cut benefits, and expect us to continue  playing hard) Time will tell, if wgt changes things again, then we will know for sure.   Btw,   Happy Thanksgiving to all,   be safe. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 8:04 AM

Luckystar5:
    X 1000         We will see if everyone puts their actions where their mouth is. (or just blowing off steam)  Be interesting to see how this clash goes, espically being over the holiday,  lol. ( great business decision, cut benefits, and expect us to continue  playing hard) Time will tell, if wgt changes things again, then we will know for sure.   Btw,   Happy Thanksgiving to all,   be safe. 

Most of the players in my club do videos. I don't expect any playing at all in clashes.

Maybe Starter balls

• Ketket1
    6,887 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 8:31 AM

I'm a mobile player who, as I read these comments, clearly have had no idea how much people relied on the videos for getting credits. I have very very rarely watched videos and whatever I spend is what I have purchased. During the one Clash per month that we play, I'll gift 700+ passes so that our members can play and enjoy but I had never thought that other clubs who gift many more passes than ours would have achieved it through credit farming. Maybe my naivety but it is what it is.

Members should be able to earn enough credits through videos to keep themselves reasonably competitive. But that certainly isn't 1,000 credits per day (500 videos at 25 seconds average each = about 4 hours of just watching videos).

I think a cap is absolutely the right thing to do. The amount of that cap is open to discussion. My day-in day-out spend is only on balls and a sleeve of balls lasts about 5-6 days. So 150 credit cap, if that's what WGT decide, is enough to cover balls if I wanted to play videos one after another after another.

And for those that say WGT will suffer financially for this. If people have been farming thousands and thousands of credits per day through underhanded means, and using that to buy passes, balls, clubs etc, how does WGT lose out by stopping it. Maybe some members will quit. Maybe some will play less or buy less expensive balls but if it was all from free farmed credits, there is no impact to the bottom line for WGT. 

One of the earlier comments was from someone admitting to farming credits to (help) their club in Clash - 300,000 credits was mentioned. And it was justified by the comment "Isn't that what the Country Clubs are for? To help people get better, be a "family". Yes, Country Clubs are there to help members get better, to be a family, to play competitively while still having fun, to mix up different types of competitions to keep the enthusiasm and enjoyment going, to form friendships, etc etc etc. If a club is relying on farming of credits to make themselves a decent club, then I suspect your priorities are badly misaligned.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 8:54 AM

Parbuster1962:
    100 credits per day is fine I don't even earn 25 a day because I have a life and don't sped my time tapping on my device to earn credits. 100 per day is 4500 a month.

No wonder I struggled with math in school. I would have come up with a different amount.

30/31 days a month @ 100 credits a day does not add up to 4500 a month in my way of doing math.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 9:03 AM

Guys come on, very simple solution to this dilemma. If one of your priorities is to be at your best in this game, and would like to continue using high end balls and equipments, buy cheaper brand of beers, cigarettes etc..this way you have spare for those highly priced balls. I already started this formula, and it works great. Instead of buying my wife flowers, I just pick them out of the yard. She’s not thrilled, but hey, I’m happy..lol

Who says WGT doesn’t bring joy on holidays-:)

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 9:06 AM

Ketket1:

I'm a mobile player who, as I read these comments, clearly have had no idea how much people relied on the videos for getting credits. I have very very rarely watched videos and whatever I spend is what I have purchased. During the one Clash per month that we play, I'll gift 700+ passes so that our members can play and enjoy but I had never thought that other clubs who gift many more passes than ours would have achieved it through credit farming. Maybe my naivety but it is what it is.

Members should be able to earn enough credits through videos to keep themselves reasonably competitive. But that certainly isn't 1,000 credits per day (500 videos at 25 seconds average each = about 4 hours of just watching videos).

I think a cap is absolutely the right thing to do. The amount of that cap is open to discussion. My day-in day-out spend is only on balls and a sleeve of balls lasts about 5-6 days. So 150 credit cap, if that's what WGT decide, is enough to cover balls if I wanted to play videos one after another after another.

And for those that say WGT will suffer financially for this. If people have been farming thousands and thousands of credits per day through underhanded means, and using that to buy passes, balls, clubs etc, how does WGT lose out by stopping it. Maybe some members will quit. Maybe some will play less or buy less expensive balls but if it was all from free farmed credits, there is no impact to the bottom line for WGT. 

One of the earlier comments was from someone admitting to farming credits to (help) their club in Clash - 300,000 credits was mentioned. And it was justified by the comment "Isn't that what the Country Clubs are for? To help people get better, be a "family". Yes, Country Clubs are there to help members get better, to be a family, to play competitively while still having fun, to mix up different types of competitions to keep the enthusiasm and enjoyment going, to form friendships, etc etc etc. If a club is relying on farming of credits to make themselves a decent club, then I suspect your priorities are badly misaligned.

People who turf will Turf, people who clash will continue to clash. People who want to have expensive sleeves will buy expensive sleeves or join clubs where the Owner(s) need turf war Trophies or have numbers in clash to justify their warm feeling for the game will fund their club members out of their pocket. 

If WGT didn't get paid click per view, I think it's ok to Cap it and many of us had seen this coming for quite a while as other posts have mentioned it. 

Those playing with free credits there is a chance WGT lost on some potential revenue and when some analysts decided to crunch the numbers figured out it's more expensive to have free videos than the revenue they will get so they maxed it out. 

I don't think they will lose in the bottom line. Out of everyone who is outraged I wonder how many will quit. The size of the WGT community is much bigger than those of us complaining about videos. So in reality we are a small percentage that won't do much damage just people venting. 

If it what it is and if you aren't happy go download another game LOL. 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 9:08 AM

callaghan159:

Parbuster1962:
    100 credits per day is fine I don't even earn 25 a day because I have a life and don't sped my time tapping on my device to earn credits. 100 per day is 4500 a month.

No wonder I struggled with math in school. I would have come up with a different amount.

30/31 days a month @ 100 credits a day does not add up to 4500 a month in my way of doing math.

LOL. 

Don't throw February or leap year into the equation you will mess this guy up even more. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 10:23 AM

TyMacni:

A nice PARTAGAS

AND

Oban Scotch Single Malt 18 yrs

Thank you,

I don't know you... but i like you.

• Parbuster1962
    281 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 10:26 AM

150 a day not 100

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 10:47 AM

callaghan159:

Parbuster1962:

That's one way to break par!    I'll bet he even has an eraser in on his score card pencil.    lol

RSS