Help › Forums

Practice Mode

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 13 2019 4:31 AM (23 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 12:33 AM

"Practice" is correct in the US.  YSMV.

Anyway, practice mode is helpful anywhere you can find it.  Just because you might not use it does not mean it is useless.  I like to practice everything including CTTH and it is terribly inefficient to restart all the time.

BTW - I do take notes and use my regular ball and notes are even better when you can play practice mode with different shot types.  And yes - restart to get different winds but not to take one shot.

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 1:51 AM

DoctorLarry:

Anyway, practice mode is helpful anywhere you can find it.  Just because you might not use it does not mean it is useless.  I like to practice everything including CTTH and it is terribly inefficient to restart all the time.

BTW - I do take notes and use my regular ball and notes are even better when you can play practice mode with different shot types.  And yes - restart to get different winds but not to take one shot.

Well said.

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 1:56 AM

andwhy67:

Now to the mulligan feature, yep you go bang away on the last hole for example with your mulligan and a starter ball, and when it comes to actual game play, and maybe your using a ‘paid’ ball, and the winds changed.

Do what most do........take notes!

Another "Tour Legend" heard from LOL.  Doctorlarry's response says it all.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 3:34 AM

gerryniswonger:

andwhy67:

Now to the mulligan feature, yep you go bang away on the last hole for example with your mulligan and a starter ball, and when it comes to actual game play, and maybe your using a ‘paid’ ball, and the winds changed.

couldn't give a flying ?

And besides there are many top players on here that actually state that practise mode, regardless of what your playing is totally different to actual play!

And another with buckets of advice, some just for the sake of it!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 5:17 AM

andwhy67:
    And besides there are many top players on here that actually state that practise mode, regardless of what your playing is totally different to actual play!

Indeed it is. There's no VEM influence so you're just seeing normal deviations from equipment. The best practice is in the weekly unlimiteds.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 10:17 PM

andwhy67:

Calm down.

Practice is NOT totally different than regular play.  It is some different.

Practice is better than not practicing - it does not replace regular play but augments it.

No one is forced to practice - why do you care?

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 4:19 AM

DoctorLarry:
    Practice is better than not practicing

Try it!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 5:36 AM

andwhy67:

gerryniswonger:

andwhy67:

couldn't give a flying ?

And another with buckets of advice, some just for the sake of it!

It is, no VEM

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 6:38 AM

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 10:00 AM

TopShelf2010:

It is this players opinion that practice is a way for players to avoid accumulating the required rounds necessary for tiering up while still enjoying the game.

LOL

Don

I have seen nothing to that effect, Don.

Perhaps you could be more specific?

RSS